Thread: *** - More E-Bay Lunacy!

Ao Guest

*** - E-bay Spitfire

http://cgi./ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting

MMMM - What a bargain!

Ian
    Last edited by Ao; 13-04-2004 at 06:55 PM.

There's no way a Spitrife is 'extremely quiet when hunting' without a silencer!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    And yet more stupidity....

How to kill yourself turning your Rapid into a bomb (as sold by AO)

Ian, for f's sake stop this stupidity now.

If (when) someone dies after following the modifications in a manual that you have sold them, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 13-04-2004 at 06:08 PM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Ao Guest
    Jon.

I have taken into account the posts on here and the actual document. This specific manual isn't the one directly discussed however it did contain similar information I confess. With the manual comes a long and informative WARNING to the contents and the discussion's on here as in BAZ's sticky. There were no phrases stating simply:

"Do this with a hack saw and you will get 60ftlb how ne botha !"

Rather by a professional and shouldn't be carried out personally. This manual is no different to any other respected document or site. E.g. Linegeist Stealth Site which represents a safe and in depth walkthrough of the stealth. The manual I sell doesn't just present nasty information about tuning to illegal powers, in fact the majority isn’t about tuning at all - rather maintenance of consistency and accuracy amongst comprehensive useful contacts and buying information / reviews.

As I said before buyers are more than appropriately warned about airgun UK law and safety. I then conclude that this is a fare manual to sell and which should be shared. I am only trying to keep a reasonable finance to run and update the AO website which in turn benefits us all.

Kind Regards
    Ian

P.S. The related 'dangerous' modification bit has actually been removed from the manual for quite some time now!
    Last edited by Ao; 13-04-2004 at 06:30 PM.

Ian, the centre page-shot shows a sawn-in-half bottle adapter - I personally have no interest in whether you get in trouble with the law, but doing that to a bottle adapter will leave it liable to let go at any moment - and when it does that could kill anyone on the wrong end of it - even worse if it's sold on an the owner doesn't even know.

Theoben thought ~14 threads were required, but obviously they were wrong - 4 is actually plenty
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Ao Guest
    Sorry didn't see the thumbnail. I will change it.

Please note buddyboy:

I totally agree with the mod being dangerous - which is why I deleted it from the manual. I have proof read it over and over and have edited / deleted anything which I though was iffy...

Please don’t take this the wrong way as I am all for safe and responsible shooting within the law etc. I have done my best to present this.

Ian
    Last edited by Ao; 13-04-2004 at 08:30 PM.

Originally posted by Ao
    Sorry didn't see the thumbnail. I will change.
    Smart move - please tell me that this is removed from the actual manual too ?

Ao Guest
    As I have said twice in this thread already - yes it has been removed. I changed it a while ago. I also started to incorpetate the extensive warning documentation which is now included.

Ian

Hellen Guest

12 fps?

Mmmmmm...

Me thinks I would expect to get a few more shots than 150 if all it is doing is 12 feet per second !!!