Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning the AirArms CD Trigger

Tuning the AirArms CD Trigger

I once posted this photo-guide on the old AirArms Owners website but realised that it may be more useful here. I'm not sure if it's already covered on the BBS.
    If not, perhaps Edward can move it to the Useful Tips section.

The guide applies to the trigger unit for the ProSport & TX rifles and polishing the sears should make a noticable improvement - well it did to mine
    Be careful not to round over the sharp edges, just remove any roughness and then polish the sear faces. I used fine wet/dry paper.

You will find that the trigger unit can be cocked whilst off the rifle so that you can roughly set the weight and stages before reassembly.
    As with all trigger adjustments, test it safely before use.
    You must accept complete responsibility for any adjustments you make.

(If anyone's wondering what picture1 was - it's just the trigger block. I can't upload more than 5 piccies, so I omitted it)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by essjay; 05-03-2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: clarification

Well done..! A good guide, but I would use Autosol chrome polish on a dremel to finish off the sears. People rave about the Rekord trigger, but the CD is better when fettled. (I know its a copy..!) A final improvement is to fit an MPR trigger, it takes a bit of filing or grinding to fit, but I had to use a trigger shoe to lengthen the standard reach on my TX, and the damn thing was always falling off..!

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Its funny you should put this on here as i have just finished polishing my trigger on my Tx and now it feels sweet.
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

By the way does anyone know where i can get the front fixing plate for the tx mk 3 as one of the stock fixing threads has worn so i need to replace it.
    Im sure AA would charge more than enough for a small part like that so does anyone know of other sources for this part.
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

Quote Originally Posted by nibbley-uk View Post
    By the way does anyone know where i can get the front fixing plate for the tx mk 3 as one of the stock fixing threads has worn so i need to replace it.
    Im sure AA would charge more than enough for a small part like that so does anyone know of other sources for this part.
    Have you got a part number

Pete

Julian Bond (jbb) on here, he supplies me and the entire AAOC with all the spares we need.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    AA S410, one gun, and I know how to use it.

he part number is TX 415
    I will try Jbb also.
    Cheers chaps

M.A.D For It

wonder why the post got moved ?????

M.A.D For It

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    People rave about the Rekord trigger, but the CD is better when fettled.(I know its a copy..!)
    Not exactly - the CD trigger unit is more properly a slightly simplified copy of the Venom Mach 1 trigger unit (I believe both the Mach 1 trigger and the CD were designed by Ken Turner, based on the operating principal of the Rekord).

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    Not exactly - the CD trigger unit is more properly a slightly simplified copy of the Venom Mach 1 trigger unit (I believe both the Mach 1 trigger and the CD were designed by Ken Turner, based on the operating principal of the Rekord).
    I know what you mean Dale, when I said, "copy," I meant that the sear arrangement, and action of the CD unit is based on that of the Rekord. There are several improvements, especially with the adjustments, and the CD unit is better made, IMO.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

pro elite

Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    I once posted this photo-guide on the old AirArms Owners website but realised that it may be more useful here. I'm not sure if it's already covered on the BBS.
    If not, perhaps Edward can move it to the Useful Tips section.

The guide applies to the trigger unit for the ProSport & TX rifles and polishing the sears should make a noticable improvement - well it did to mine
    Be careful not to round over the sharp edges, just remove any roughness and then polish the sear faces. I used fine wet/dry paper.

You will find that the trigger unit can be cocked whilst off the rifle so that you can roughly set the weight and stages before reassembly.
    As with all trigger adjustments, test it safely before use.
    You must accept complete responsibility for any adjustments you make.

(If anyone's wondering what picture1 was - it's just the trigger block. I can't upload more than 5 piccies, so I omitted it)
    Just got a pro elite and this is just what I was after,cheers for this,Andy

OK chaps, this is a really basic question in which I expose my lack of DIY skills and blokeness:

What tool do I need to drive out those pins neatly?

I'm also looking for something (same tool I guess?) to get the pins out of my Sako Finnfire bolt so I can disassemble it.

TIA

MM
    Born To Be Mild.

Gamolvr Guest
    autosol is embeding i think, there are better kinds of polishes from toolmakers/gunsmith supply stores. (like Brownells)

pin tool

I read somewhere that it was a 3mm pin punch to drive out the trigger pins.

Best,

JV
    Salsa forever or die trying Thumbhole Prosport WTC 1.5-5x20, Sirocco 2000LE 3-9x50
    Aut viam invenium aut faciam...Umarex 850 Photos

Tx 200 sr

Hi any tips on adjusting a TX SR trigger.