Tried this with my TX200 this week: stripped the trigger, polished the contact surfaces to a mirror finish and re-lubed with a bit of moly grease. I then decreased the travel of both stages bit by bit, resetting dry-firing the trigger block as I went. I found that by doing this, I was able to get the trigger light but sharp with a clear second-stage despite it being light, and no creep or "sponginess" to speak of.

The pressure feels different to when there's spring pressure on the rifle but it gives you a good idea of the stages if nothing else - set the trigger pressure a shade lighter than you'd want it and then put it back in the rifle and try it out. Remember of course to test the rifle by loading it then (whilst pointed in a safe direction) giving it a few firm smacks from different directions to see if knocking it will set it off. Obviously you don't want the trigger so light that this occurs!

I think it's worth the hour and a half to two hours I spent on it, so will be doing the same to the trigger unit on my Pro Sport soon.