Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steyr LG 110 FT Problem

Albox Almeria Spain about 2.5 hours south of Benidorm

Steyr LG 110 FT Problem

Hi All

Would appreciate any help on this problem I have just bought a brand new Steyr LG 110 FT from BAR (2 weeks ago) I shoot 25 Mt & 40 Mt targets I have a brand new Nikko Stirling Diamond 10-50 X 60 scope I am using a scope bridge I also bought a bench rest hamster for it as well. I have shot well over 1000 pellets through it now (barracuda match 452 seems best I have tried about 20 other flavour pellets) I shoot bench rested the problem is I cant get it to shoot accurate enough I also have a FWB P70 now that shoots superb our 25 meter targets have 20 2mm bulls with a possible 200 point win with my FWP P70 I average 185 but with the Styer I am lucky to average 160 am I asking to much from this Styer I was led to believe it is every bit as good as the FWB the Steyr has adjustable power and I have tried all power settings to no avail. Do you think there might be a problem with the gun itself or is it me. I have a bubble level so it isn’t a cant problem. I am pulling my hair out as I might shoot 6 bulls on the trot then it shoots outer ring could be any where in the circle there don’t seem to be a pattern emerging what do you think any advice would be appreciated

Regards Alan
    Good deals with:- CRO TargetZero SpLint Captain Chaos Cojonesdeloro Davegee59:SBD, highlandwarrior, FickleFox, HunterLee. Ppendleton,
    Feinwerkbau P70 Big Niko Weihrauch HW 98: DayState Mk 3 FTR MTC Viper

First I try cleaning the barrel as they often like cleaning every 500 shots.

Try running the gun over a chrono, is it consistant

If cleaning fails try a different pellet/head size

Have you tried chronographing it?? what fill pressure are you using etc I have just brought an LG100 and it is very accurate almost stupidly so! but the chrono is fairly consistent! Try that first if not i would try harry preston if he doesn't know no one will!

ATB

MIke

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Jeez was just typing clean the barrel
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Bought a secondhand LG100 for the bench and have been experiencing exactly the same problem.

Average with 400 was 248 in hunter class using same scope dropped to embarrassing no's. with Steyr.

Took the barrel off and cleaned for ages seems to have transformed it only shot 3 rushed practice cards but seem to have got my average back and with more central bulls (still not convinced its fixed but the fliers have gone. For now?).

Good luck they seem to need cleaning alot.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Try 4.53 daystate selects/Jsb's 8.44g at 780fps on average with a clean barrel.
    Steyr 110 FT Connect + Bushnell Elite 8-32x40

Steyr

Yep, you need a VFG cleaning kit, I have 3 Steyrs and one used to needed endless cleaning, before I used it and the barrel fouled in 50-200 shots (using pull through and the VFG fire through felt pellets), but after cleaning with the proper kit it was perfect! I don't think you will get a better rifle so persevere! I found the dirty barrel would move zero in one direction only weirdly enough, a clean and it would be bang on again!

Oh I found JSB .51 pellets to group best at the mo, I use the JSB express .52 for FT, incredible neat round holes at 55 yards in paper, not had a windless day to see what the group is really like.

Get in touch with Steyr UK as Harry is always happy to help out! Good bloke!

R

Thanks for all your replies I will persevere with it a bit longer and thanks for the advice on cleaning I haven’t gone up that road but will today. Re the chrono it is very consistent no more than about 5-6 fps difference in shots its sweet spot is about 160 bar but got to be honest it don’t make that much difference if I fill to 200 bar its pretty consistent down to about 100 bar then it shoots high and to the left got no problem with that.

I have fitted the extra cone spring washer in the reg to increase the power to 18 ft pound the legal limit over here. It made no difference to the accuracy at all it will go up to 22 ft pound re the adjuster on the back not many shots though about 30 ish. have now taken out the washer its now back to standard the problem still persists.

Watch this space

Thanks again its nice to know there is this place to turn to.

Regards Alan

Alan
    Good deals with:- CRO TargetZero SpLint Captain Chaos Cojonesdeloro Davegee59:SBD, highlandwarrior, FickleFox, HunterLee. Ppendleton,

have you removed front grub screw and plastic washer which holds the front of the barrel?
    He who never made a mistake never learned anything!
    He who never missed never shot!

Will that help not heard of this one before but willing to try anything full floating barrel eh.

Not had a chance of testing today we have had 70 mph winds makes 40 Mt target work a bit tricky

Ta All

Alan

VFG cleaning kit works a treat on my LG100 and Hydrographics recommend i free floated the front end for a bit more accuracy

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXMAN View Post
    VFG cleaning kit works a treat on my LG100 and Hydrographics recommend i free floated the front end for a bit more accuracy
    Took you six months but you got there.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Smile

Yup only signed up to buy a CRX but this place is ace for information. First time ive known anything thats of any use

Well thanks again every one I have now been up the road cleaning the barrel I have got to confess it has made a difference have now got a tighter group BUT still not as accurate as the P70 I have got my scores up to about 175 x 200 have fired about 2000 pellets through it going to give it another go in our Sunday comp before I make a decision on what to do have now acquired another assortment of quality pellets will give them a go I am also going to try the floating barrel on Sunday as well so here’s hoping.

Thanks all

Alan

dont forget to remove front grub screw