Thread: First Target

First Target

Took my first few shots at a paper target to see how accurate my ultra is, took 10 shots at 50yrds and 1 pellet was way off, what could cause this? could it just be a duff pellet? thought i'd post a pic of my gun aswell...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kevsgsi View Post
    Took my first few shots at a paper target to see how accurate my ultra is, took 10 shots at 50yrds and 1 pellet was way off, what could cause this? could it just be a duff pellet? thought i'd post a pic of my gun aswell...
    Possibilities could include, the pellets, was it damged in any way, some folks check the pellet before use and disscard if their is any damge, nicks in lead, crushed skirt etc.

Did you twitch just at the point of firing.
    I assume you are shooting outside, did the pellet strike anything on its way to the target, did the wind gust, etc

Other than that at 50 yards I would be very happy with the main group, have you considered HFT or FT, you should do very well.
    Cheers
    G
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

To be honest i never check the pellet jus comes straight out the tin into the gun, there wasn't anything in the way so the pellets wouldnt of hit anything and from what i can remember it was a very calm day, i mite start checking the pellets tho because that was the last shot and it really p###ed me off! Thanks for the reply.

sarahconnor Guest
    A nice scatter of pellets Kevsgsi