Thread: Hello - New Member

Hello - New Member

Hi All

I just thought I'd introduce myself as a new member. I've been away from shooting for about 12 years or so and even then all I did as a kid was field shooting attempting to control the local rabbit population.

I decided I wanted to pick it up again and went down to my local club last night (Roding Rifle and Pistol Club) I thoroughly enjoyed myself and will be joining as soon as I can.

I did go out and buy myself a new gun in the form of a .22 BSA Lightning XL (Tactical) but they were shooting .177 last night so I didn't get much chance to see what that was like. I did get a quick chance at the end of the evening but she was zeroed for about 40yds and I didn't really have time to get any finer tuned than just hitting the target!

Other than that I was using the clubs rifles and attach the results here.

I have to say I'm surprised and pleased to find that I seem to still be able to shoot fairly well. These are 10m air, standing, unmagnified:

Obviously I hope to be able to improve and hope that you folks will be able to teach me a few tricks and have some good banter along the way.

Cheers

Phil

Hi mate, welcome to the Forum.
    What kind of shooting do you think will interest you, 10m paper punching, Hunting, have you checked out the HFT/FT scene?
    TX200/Nikko Stirling MKII 10-50
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Thanks - I used to hunt (pest control) when I was younger, mainly rabbits, but that was up in the Lake District on local farmland. Not sure whether Essex will offer the same opportunities, but have found a 500 acre site that offers some element of that (along side field target shooting)

Have just done my first 10m air range last night and actually quite enjoyed it so will probably concentrate on that for the moment (helped by the fact that the range is about 1/2 mile away from home!)

I've seen the HFT/HT acronyms used before but haven't worked out what it stands for?

Cheers

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Mannginger View Post
    Thanks - I used to hunt (pest control) when I was younger, mainly rabbits, but that was up in the Lake District on local farmland. Not sure whether Essex will offer the same opportunities, but have found a 500 acre site that offers some element of that (along side field target shooting)

Have just done my first 10m air range last night and actually quite enjoyed it so will probably concentrate on that for the moment (helped by the fact that the range is about 1/2 mile away from home!)

I've seen the HFT/HT acronyms used before but haven't worked out what it stands for?

Cheers

Phil
    HFT = HUNTER FIELD TARGET
    FT = FIELD TARGET
    Not sure about HT though
    It's target shooting in the great outdoors basically, metal knockdown targets rather than paper. Great fun, give it a go.
    TX200/Nikko Stirling MKII 10-50
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC