Thread: Looking for Flint bits

Looking for Flint bits

I have an early 18th century full stocked Flint Fowler - well I have the original barrel , and the stock and nothing else
    Apart from the brass butt and the ramrod ferrules , and half the trigger guard , there is nothing else - and also the stock was snapped at the wrist and recently reglued (badly ). It also has had a Percusion conversion at some time .
    I picked it up years ago , and planned to restore it cosmetically . I do know that parts can be cast - at a cost , but normally these are more common to a variety of gun designs . This particular old gun is an early Fowler and has a double side plate - ie the side where normally there would be a 'serpent' to hold the retainning bots there is a mirror image of the side plate where the cock and Frizzen would be . Occasionally the odd side plate turns up - but I'm scuppered as I need two identical !!!

Trying to avoid best British Gunsmiths on cost , is there anyone out there that someone can recommend :
    to repair the stock to cosmeticaly acceptable level
    to remake two brass or steel side plates .
    I can them try and get a replica cast Cock and Frizzen from Dysons etc etc .

On the offchance is there anyone known that has boxes of old sideplates , cocks etc etc that could be made to fit ....
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Have you looked at the Henry Krank website? They sell reproduction locks, maybe one of these could be made to fit. I could make you a sideplate to match.
    Daz

“If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Thanks guys

May take you up on this Daz ...
    and thanks for the website details S'Coal
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "