Thread: hawk endurance 3/12x50 illuminated dot.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hawk endurance 3/12x50 illuminated dot.

as above. set up on my 17 hmr

simple really, got it from a gent on here and it seemed to be OK, i used it for the first time last night, zeroed it a 50 yards well happy with the positive clicks on the elevation and traverse adjusters, so a simple break down.

1, build quality , 9/10 turret caps are plastic. and lets the scope down.

2, ergonomics , 9/10 illuminator rotation clicks are very stiff.

3, looks , 10/10 not much to add to that.

4 reticule , 10/10 very simple clear crisp and not so big as to cover your target.

5, used in white light , 10/10 very very clear.

6, use under a dim red filter , 9/10 also very clear,

7, use of the illuminated dot ( i have never been a fan of illuminated stuff ) 8/10 i like it and it had 11 settings. but not overly bright as to blind you with a red glare in the tube.

8, fast eye bell focus ( stunningly good ), 10/10 rotates into locking positions and stays where you leave it.

9, price a tad over the top when new , 8/10 £390, is a lot of cash, but a tad to much for this i think.

10, debens service to rectify a faulty illuminator, 1 day turn around , 10/10 sent it back to have the illuminator fixed

11, FOV in both low and high magnification, very good , 9/10 clear even on 12 mag.

12, clarity of lenses ( jap ) very good and clear, 9/10 as with most scopes they can suffer a tad under the red light for lamping and this was no different.

Would i buy one new, the answer is no, luckily for me this was at a stunningly good price and a cracking purchase.

overall very happy with it and look forward to another report on the second hand meopta artemis 2100 3/12x50 illuminated i purchased on here, to see how it compares.

well happy go get one, ( second hand that is )

bob.
    Last edited by Scotland rifles; 06-06-2008 at 08:39 AM.