Thread: Cyclops

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chris, a good friend and hunting companion to many - myself included.

I had the great pleasure of teaching the Duke of Edinburgh Award at Bisley for a few years with Chris when I first joined the BFTO way back in the early 90's. His teaching notes - passed to me when he had to spend more time on the committee - are a reminder of his humour, I updated them but keep a copy of the originals.

A worthy and considerate committee member for many years.

A nicer chap you could not find - generous to a fault.

A great anecdote teller.

Never a dull moment with this guy and he is sadly and greatly missed by myself and many, many others.

His legacy is the countless times his name comes up with stories and tales almost every week at the club he helped build and visited right through to the end.

Miss you Chris.

cos.mos
    When I die I want to go in my sleep like my father, not screaming, like the passengers in his car ...

Mods!

Please, next time a member passes like this, post a link to here on ALL sections. This guy was a cracking bloke and I'm shocked to find this thread by 'chance'.

RIP Chris.
    Something for 2013 . www.rojeans.co.uk

I met him - In fact I bought his Air Arms S200 which was a gun I fell in love with and it shot brilliantly.

He sold it as he was becoming unable to shoot anymore and he wanted it to go to a good home. Hopefully, I fulfilled that wish.

I only met him the once but I can say that he was very down to earth about they way his path in life had led him. I took an instant liking to him.

We went outside and did some shooting and talked about this and that until he got a bit tired and called it a day.

I wish I had known Cyclopse better.

Struck me a good fella.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I remember Chris well from the BBS - his posts during his illness were full of courage, it really made you think about what really counts in life. He was a very brave and nice guy.

Remembered Here Fondly - Michael
    Salad is a dish best served cold....

Chris a good man with a personality as big as his cats: D (What the heck did he used to feed them must have been steroid based I'm sure) He introduced me to BFTO and took me out on a few of his shoots. As an ex squaddie I enjoyed his company very much.

God bless you mate

TheWhoUK
    If you prayer for the rain - you have to deal with the mud!

Thewhouk@yahoo.co.ok