Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caps

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Caps

If I cap all the nipples on my .44 revolver then one or two drop off under recoil. The alternative is to cap one nipple, fire, and then cap the next one, rotating the cylinder to the correct position for firing afterwards.

Does anyone else have this problem or am I just lucky
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Try giving each one a bit of a squeeze before you put it on the nipple, they'll hold on a bit tighter then.

Thanks

I'll give it try but i have blasting experience and am very wary of squeezing caps .

I've seen what happened when one Ocker with balls bigger than his brain tried to crimp a det onto a fuse using his teeth.
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Thumbs up caps ?

which caps are you using, I have tried CCi #11 and Remington #11 non fell off on recoil, cheers Tezz

Cci

Using CCI number 11. Perhaps I'd better use a hammer and punch to seat them

The Bosun's Watch

Talking caps

thats a good idea, let me duck first

Alternatively you could buy some 3rd party replacement nipples that are explicitly made to work properly with a particular brand/size of cap - rather than sizing mess that most seem to be.

I bought a set of Treso nipples online for less than $10 from america and they are a perfect fit for Remington number 10 caps. I've not had a single cap fall off in thousands of shots and no messing around with squeezing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocchip View Post
    Alternatively you could buy some 3rd party replacement nipples that are explicitly made to work properly with a particular brand/size of cap - rather than sizing mess that most seem to be.

I bought a set of Treso nipples online for less than $10 from america and they are a perfect fit for Remington number 10 caps. I've not had a single cap fall off in thousands of shots and no messing around with squeezing them.
    want some of these too...who did you order them off mate

Try some Remington number 10s. I have a Pietta and these fit perfectly, I have to squeeze number 11s to make them stay on.
    Shooting one chamber with the other loaded chambers uncapped is very dangerous as it could cause a chainfiire.
    Daz

Thanks

Thanks guys

I've only just started with C & B and (in my innocence) hadn't realised that caps came in different sizes.

Remmy no. 10s are spot on.

The Bosun's Watch

Seating caps..

After getting fed up with having a sore thumb from pushing caps home.I was wondering what would make a good seating tool....

So my solution was to buy a pencil with a rubber on the end and seat them using the rubber...

Works for me.
    Andrew.
    No , you don't need a better guitar. You need some lessons.

Cappers

Quote Originally Posted by Air Waves View Post
    After getting fed up with having a sore thumb from pushing caps home.I was wondering what would make a good seating tool....

So my solution was to buy a pencil with a rubber on the end and seat them using the rubber...

Works for me.
    Andrew.
    Krank does a capper for a few quid. It's a little rough but does the job.

The Bosun's Watch

I use a Thompson contender capper with my Ruger Old Army. Holds 100 caps and it never drops them like those brass straight cappers. Its also clear plastic on top so you can see how many are left. Probably the best bit of kit I ever bought for my revolver.

Please where did you by that capper from because I really could do with one.