Our new 50 metre range is now complete and this should free up our old 50 yard range for airgun shooters

I have just finished the 'end of project report' for the Awards for All (National Lottery) body and posted it off

It was a pretty easy report to complete and just required a statement of where the money was spent and a few photographs to show completion of the 7 feet high safety walls, the target butts and the covered firing point

Our next big requirement is towns mains water. At present we save all rain water falling on the roof of the club house and indoor range. The odd squirrel that drowns in our storage tank (2 in past year)reminds us of the need for safe drinking water
So I am now going to enquire about the new grants available as we cannot get another grant from 'Awards for All' until 2010
We need £5000 plus - so fingers crossed

2 requirements for these bigger grants are a set of Club Rules or Constitution and a policy regarding Child Protection

The NSRA make specimen documents available to clubs.

If anyone is applying for one of the Awards for All grants and needs advice re. writing a set of Club Rules or a Policy on Child Protection I will help if I can.
If I can do it, anyone can.

The money is there and the Lottery Bodies are more than happy to give it to Shooting Clubs that are structured and that cater for their local communities

Health and Safety issues do (I believe) score well. Also doing something to help those who are not able bodied, enjoy our sport, is considered important So improving access for wheel chair shooters to the clubs facilities should be seriously considered in any new build/project

Just apply for the application form on the lottery web site and give it a go.

The important thing to do, is look at the guidance document and the important criteria that have to be met. Then bear these criteria in mind as you fill in the application form

Consider increasing the number/types of shooting disciplines if necessary to attract more members and broaden the appeal of the club. It can only help your chances

The only other thing you need is a good referee who is aware of your club activities but who is not a member of the club
Good luck
John