Last year I spoke to a gentleman who had applied for a number of grants to develope/improve shooting facilities for his club and county.
He told me that all his applications had been successful.

I was therefore encouraged to apply for a grant from the Awards for All Lottery funding body for almost £10000 (which is the maximum they give)

I have now been informed that the application was successful and our club has received the full amount into our bank account

The money will build us a new outdoor 50 metre range for 3P and prone rimfire shooting which will also free up our existing old 50 yard range for air rifle shooting.

The club is Leics. and District S.B.R.P. Club which includes the Dowry Hill Field Target Section of membership.

Most of this money will allow us to build 7 ft high concrete safety walls between the various ranges. This funding does not have to be matched by the club, although members will be involved in construction of the target frames/butts/access gates etc.

So the funding is there to improve facilities for your club members. If you have a new project in mind then see guidance notes on www.awardsforall.org.uk
John