Thread: Grant Aid/Funding for Shooting Clubs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy grant aid

I applied for this grant £47000 to build a new 10 metre range at Leics and District SBR&PClub and put on a towns water supply to the club house.
    Unfortunately the application was not successful and I was more than disappointed when told we had not got it

These applications are very time consuming and I probably spent 70-80 hrs working on the application

The reason given was that the 'Need' part of the application would have been stronger if it had been supported by questionnaires completed by local schools and other organisations to show that they needed this new facility and would use it. (not easy to do particularly with schools).

Basically it was a new range to replace our existing one in the club room and was being built to improve facilities for existing members.

I had put so much work into the application that I at first decided not to bother applying for further grant aid.

However, I noticed yet another opportunity to get money from the local authority under the 'Legacy Scheme' and so I applied for £7500 (the max) to help us put on the water supply
    This was partly successful and we have been offered £3600 towards the project

So 6 grants applied for in 6 years and 3 have been successful.
    Pity about the big one

Club members will lend and/or donate the money for the new 10M range and I will then apply for a grant to restore and improve our clubroom facilities (we have already been donated a full size snooker table)
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 22-04-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: addition
    hold me back !!