Thread: Need Help Guys

Need Help Guys

New to ft and got need help to pick desent scope anyone advise on this side of shooting please my head done in with so much advice i need it in black and white so any 1 help would be nice thanks guys

Hi mate.
    I can't claim any great insight & there are certainly more knowledgeable members on here who hopefully will ride to your rescue but for what it's worth here's my take on what you need from a FT effective scope.
    1/ It needs to have a large enough magnification to facilitate accurate range finding, X32 is as low as is generally recommended but go with as high as you can afford.
    2/ The optics at these higher mags have to be of a quality that allows you to range well.
    3/ The elevation turret needs to be able to click down/up accurately as you will need to work out what adjustment will be needed for specific ranges.
    I use the big Nikko, as you can see from my signature, a lot of people do as they achieve the above requirements for about £400.
    Many of the top shooters prefer the Leupold Competition fixed mag scope, which come in X35, X40 & X45 mags. The optics are superb but the price reflects this, also they have to be imported into this country from the U.S. I believe.
    FTX do a budget FT scope which I haven't heard anything disparaging about, look here;
    http://www.ftxtarget.com/products.php
    I hope this hasn't muddied the waters further for you, good luck mate.
    TX200/Nikko Stirling MKII 10-50
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC