Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guns you've loved and lost! and miss now

Unhappy guns you've loved and lost! and miss now

I was just thinking about the guns I have had over the years and miss now,

My very first gun was a tinplate smoothbore "Hero" it cocked by breaking at the mid area and then you hascrew a tube out of the muzzle to put the pellet in there. With just a plank rivetted into the metalwork.
    Has anyone got one of these now, and how much are they worth?

Then I bought one of the last AA TX200SR, and sold that, what a plo**er!!

Then the other I miss was a Webley Tracker Carbine with a skeletonised stock, someone near me may still have that but I don't know how to contact them now my club has met its demise.

Does anyone else miss some of their guns from the past. Or regret ever selling them????????????????

The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.

Don't get me started. Some of them weren't really anything special, but I do regret selling them.

A VGC BSA Superstar with rotary type breech, boxed with original target holder.
    A beut of a Lazaglided HW77
    My Webley Raider 10 (s)
    A Venom 95k
    A TX200 HC

All in the last 2 years. Bought and sold many more, but those are the ones I really wished I'd kept. Still early in the year though..

Recently I get the impression.......

.. that I am not the only BBS member who owned a BSA Mercury challenger in the early to mid 80's that regrets selling it to fund late teenage beer and lady chasing Where are they all now???

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    I have a natural tendency to hoard so if I do let something go you can be sure it's for good reason. The only rifle (.177 Sirocco Grand Prix) I let go and regretted at a much later date I was lucky enough to be able to buy back and it's highly unlikely to ever be sold. However, there's only been one rifle that I was actually pleased to get rid of (.177 Fenman). I'd have kept all but that one if space and finances allowed. I currently have only on rifle that I'm keeping just for the hell of it, it's got no real purpose and no nostalgic attachment, that's a boxed .177 (Brum) Webley Xocet Carbine. It owes me nothing whatsoever so can stay or go depending on my whim.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    .. that I am not the only BBS member who owned a BSA Mercury challenger in the early to mid 80's that regrets selling it to fund late teenage beer and lady chasing Where are they all now???
    The Mercurys or the ladies ?

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_J View Post
    I remember that one.

When you do decide to sell Chris. Remember me.
    Which one, the Xocet I presume?
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Hi I know where there is a Webley tracker but whether its the one youre after i not sure or if anyone is interested it is at the Antique centre, in Stratford upon avon.

We go there sometimes the man i called Roy a really nice lad.

Regrds

Jo

To Josie and John

How much do they want for the tracker, its a long way for me to have a run and look at it.

The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.

Hi SENT YOU A PM

Regards

Jo

A BSA Meteor when I was about 15, cracking little rifle, until my best mate convinced me it would make a great pistol. So we proceded to cut the barrel down to about 6", then cut the but stock off and shpe what was left into a pistol grip. Looked quite impressive when it was finished, but then we tried to cock it we ended up having to use a length of pipe over the barrel to do the job. An aimpoint scope was fitted and it made quite a good, if not heavy pistol. But when fired, the crack from the muzzle was tooooo loud and in the end I made my mate swap his old BSA Cadet for what he had made me do to a perfectly good (a bit tatty) Meteor. Wish I still had that cadet, but it ripped it's guts out, after about 60 shots, when we fitted an ox spring which were the spring to have in those days Ah the ignorance of youth.

ATVB

Baz

my .177 pro elite just before they discontinued them.
    tx200 mk2 .22
    saxby palmer herald and bench charger.
    brocock me38 magnum.

Cool wish still had

sold a hw 77 with kassner 3-9-40 wide angle scope fur lined gun bag for £150 buy it back tomorrow.
    hw 80 .22 mk1
    sharp innova .22
    hw 95 177

I've got a HW80K with a 4X40 WA Kassnar scope and an Air Logic (THE WHISPERER) silencer fitted and I've been toying with the idea of selling it, but I've had it for about 30 or so yrs and get to the point where I'm going to sell it, then put it away again. I suppose I will sell, but I don't know when.

ATVB

Baz

Unhappy loved and lost

yes there have been a few but at least you still have your memories (how friggin sad is that) even worse are the ones you did not buy that you wish you had , a couple of years ago there was a venom bsf s55 in bar i picked it up a couple of times and put it back it had a custom wallnut stock and thats what put me off as i wanted the standard ugly one ,wish i had bought that to this day