Thread: Beeman FWB-124

engravesonglass Guest

Beeman FWB-124

Hello,

I have this model in .177. Bought back in the mid 1980s.Im trying to get an idea of what it might be worth.It has been shot very little.I remember paying a little extra for some kind of piston, spring and cylinder conditioning. There is no checkering on gun.It is in excellent shape, no rust.Has the Blue ribbon 66 scope on it and muzzle brake. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve

Is it anything like THIS? This is a Beeman Sport with Blue Ribbon scope (with Apel QD mounts).
    I have been offered £400 for this rifle and refused.
    The 'Sport is becoming a much sought after rifle again in this country and I have heard of nice examples going for £200+. Your Beeman additions, the .177 cal and the Blue Ribbon scope should, IMO (depending on condition) make it worth in the region of £300.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Pity your in the States - I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Paul.

Steve it sounds to me like you may have a standard-stocked Beeman marked FWB 124 Sport, not like I.J.'s magnificent Queen Bee special at all.

Can I suggest you check out the US Yellow Forum? I think a recent thread covered the current dollar value of 124s. They are prized still in the US so you should get a decent price for it, though much less than I.J. would for his.

Your rifle was probably "accurized" by Beeman when you bought it - basically stripped down and relubed after it arrived from Germany.

Smile beeman

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Is it anything like THIS? This is a Beeman Sport with Blue Ribbon scope (with Apel QD mounts).
    I have been offered £400 for this rifle and refused.
    The 'Sport is becoming a much sought after rifle again in this country and I have heard of nice examples going for £200+. Your Beeman additions, the .177 cal and the Blue Ribbon scope should, IMO (depending on condition) make it worth in the region of £300.

HTH
    Ian
    only 400 cheeky buggers

engravesonglass Guest

FWB-124 Sport

Thank you everyone for taking the time to answer me, Steve