Thread: Dod Venom ever do a run of custom Eclipse's???

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Question Did Venom ever do a run of custom Eclipse's???

Am I right in thinking Venom did do a run of fancy custom Webley Eclipse's??? Is it my imagination when I seem to remember them featuring in the Venom add's of the times???
    Last edited by R. P. McMurphy; 16-03-2008 at 09:25 AM.

Venom Eclipse

I am sure they did. My eclipse has a Brass venom custom shop trigger guard, having made these then i am sure they must have tuned a few.

Thanks Justin.
    HW80 Venom Lazaglide .20 = Rapid 7 MK1 .20 = Original Model 45 .177 = CZ452 American .17HMR = Mossberg 410 = GECO 12 Bore

tomgriffin is offline I just have the empty tin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xverminate View Post
    I am sure they did. My eclipse has a Brass venom custom shop trigger guard, having made these then i am sure they must have tuned a few.

Thanks Justin.
    Hi Justin, Is your Eclipse tuned aswell

If anyone has pictures of a Venom Eclipse then please post them.....I like the Venom look
    If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
    We Are Tottenham! Super Tottenham! We Are Tottenham From The Lane!

Tuning

Tom,

I don't think it was tuned, I bought it secondhand without even seeing it from McAvoy Guns. It wasn't in the best of condition but i wanted something to tinker with.

I fitted a Theoben Gas Ram System to it (Very Very Quiet) and with accupell it is pushing between 11.6 to 12flb.

Although it is very smooth i can't realy get used to the recoil. There isn't much of it but the gas rams action works oposite to a spring system and so the whole firing action seems back to front.

I use my HW80 Venom Lazaglide in .20 for most of my airgunning, I am looking to use the Eclipse for close range ratting if i can pick up some open sights?
    I may have some lying around from an old webley omega.

When i searched a few options for tuning, I also spoke with Terry @ T.R Robb and he said that due to webleys alloy Action/Chamber then you have to be very carefull not to damage the rear of the Action / thread etc.

Sorry i can't be of further help.

Why not give Steve Pope a call @ V-Mach, He is very helpfull & usually supplies the answers to my questions.

Cheers
    Justin.
    HW80 Venom Lazaglide .20 = Rapid 7 MK1 .20 = Original Model 45 .177 = CZ452 American .17HMR = Mossberg 410 = GECO 12 Bore

tomgriffin is offline I just have the empty tin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xverminate View Post
    Tom,

I don't think it was tuned, I bought it secondhand without even seeing it from McAvoy Guns. It wasn't in the best of condition but i wanted something to tinker with.

I fitted a Theoben Gas Ram System to it (Very Very Quiet) and with accupell it is pushing between 11.6 to 12flb.

Although it is very smooth i can't realy get used to the recoil. There isn't much of it but the gas rams action works oposite to a spring system and so the whole firing action seems back to front.

I use my HW80 Venom Lazaglide in .20 for most of my airgunning, I am looking to use the Eclipse for close range ratting if i can pick up some open sights?
    I may have some lying around from an old webley omega.

When i searched a few options for tuning, I also spoke with Terry @ T.R Robb and he said that due to webleys alloy Action/Chamber then you have to be very carefull not to damage the rear of the Action / thread etc.

Sorry i can't be of further help.

Why not give Steve Pope a call @ V-Mach, He is very helpfull & usually supplies the answers to my questions.

Cheers
    Justin.
    Ah, so your Eclipse is standard, bt has a blingy brass trigger guard

It sound like these must have been a pain in the arris for the venom guys to work on Judging by the reply you had from Terry.

I do prefer a scope for hunting as I am not confident using opens But I love to plink with them Your Venom Lazaglide sounds like a cracking gun Wouldn't mind trying a .20, but then I could just use bis mags in my .177 and get the same effect ........Right?

I dont want to bother Steve, as it really isn't that important....Plus I have sent him an email today so am awaiting prices for things

Thanks for your help mate
    If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
    We Are Tottenham! Super Tottenham! We Are Tottenham From The Lane!

Question

Anyone else remember the adds in AGW/AGR???

Question

Anyone remember???