Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GP2 at MAD

Top marks to Dopper & Co for the MAD course, looking forward to the piccies.
    Well done to all who competed. I shot appallingly, many thanks to Neil & Barry for their many words of advise & assistance round the course, Gentlemen both!
    Roll on Weymouth!
    TX200/Nikko Stirling MKII 10-50
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

GP2 MAD a GR8 Day!

Your were right Kilty! Only my 2nd GP since last year, but this one was a great one. Dopper, fellow orgainisers and helpers, well done, a great shoot. Having shot there before, I have to say it was almost of mill-pond proportions on the day compared to it's name christened by the wind itself, MAD, but still, retained some wind that only JC could know which way! The wood shoot was indeed magical (and dark) carpeted in total with blue bells, the scent pervaded the scene. Marshall's fab, grub and company tres enjoyable, and thanks to my partner on the day (who sorted my kneeling apparoach) Mic Brown, a true shooting gentleman, cheers Mic. Once more big thanks to Dopper, MAD members, and those who also helped from Springfield & ETL and others I'm not aware of that contributed, it's this kind of shoot that pushes a novices interest (like mine) on to the next one!
    Last edited by phil01gunner; 28-04-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: spelling
    Philgunner01 Steyr LG 110 Leup 20 x 50 HW 97

Gr8 @ Gp2 Mad!

Your were right Kilty! Only my 2nd GP since last year, but this one was a great one. Dopper, fellow orgainisers and helpers, well done, a great shoot. Having shot there before, I have to say it was almost of mill-pond proportions on the day compared to it's name christened by the wind itself, MAD, but still, retained some wind that only JC could know which way! The wood shoot was indeed magical (and dark) carpeted in total with blue bells, the scent pervaded the scene. Marshall's fab, grub and company tres enjoyable, and thanks to my partner on the day (who sorted my kneeling apparoach) Mic Brown, a true shooting gentleman, cheers Mic. Once more big thanks to Dopper, MAD members, and those who also helped from Springfield & ETL and others I'm not aware of that contributed, it's this kind of shoot that pushes a novices interest (like mine) on to the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by buster21 View Post
    [Just a brief look at what you can expect at MAD this weekend good luck to all who compete, and if the work that Richard and others have put in is anything to go by it`ll be a cracker.....regards Dave
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/milleuks/025.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/milleuks/027.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/milleuks/035.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/milleuks/039.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/milleuks/042.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/milleuks/005.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/milleuks/044.jpg

Believe it or not but there are some targets amongst that lot somewhere
    Philgunner01 Steyr LG 110 Leup 20 x 50 HW 97

Well Done MAD.

Well done chaps,
    Fantastic coarse best I have shot to date "it had it all"! Been new to sport it had me thinking all the way around. Good food and " cheap " and good company.

Did a certain Mr A,G manage to get a fight then? thought at one stage he was close with a certain "Lady". LOL.

All the best Steve.
    Swiftyx2
    Purleychase FT.
    EV2 mk2, Big Nikko. Beretta 92fs.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltipal View Post
    Top marks to Dopper & Co for the MAD course, looking forward to the piccies.
    Well done to all who competed. I shot appallingly, many thanks to Neil & Barry for their many words of advise & assistance round the course, Gentlemen both!
    Roll on Weymouth!
    Firstly I would like to thank Mr Richard Woods and all the gang at MAD for one of the best GP courses I have ever shot. If it wasn't for 2 big Welsh ogres (Mark Basset and Dorian Falconer) standing just over the little bridge, I thought I had walked into a fairy tale wood.

Greg, you will get there mate, it's early days for you yet, there are a few little things you recognise yourself, work on the weak points and I am sure you will get a lot better.

Thanks also to Barry Warren, a true gentleman of the sport, I have shot with him a few times and it's always a pleasure.

Thanks again to all who had a hand in setting the course, and the chap doing the food, it was cheap and very good.

Scot From Stirling Living in Chelmsford Essex
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilty View Post
    Hi All

Those that have been to MAD before will know that it is a testing shoot.
    The wooded area will host some 15 lanes or more and will add interest and variation to a well thought out course. Less testing perhaps???
    The only club in the area with Flushing toilets for both sexes and one of the best plinking ranges...thanks to Jennie, Essex Bird.

See you there on the day.......27th April

Everybody welcome

atb

Barry
    And EVERYBODY I spoke to enjoyed the shoot. that was 137 out of 138!!

I think the whole "MAD Family" got it just about right or nearly puurrffect!

btw The wind was DEFINITELY stronger in the morning

might be that we get another one at MAD sometime??

atb
    Barry and Craig

Hi Lee, 93% and still griping... Looks like you shot very well to me m8....
    I will try and do the last 4 if circumstances allow. The project is making another stock

Quote Originally Posted by JONTA View Post
    Hi Lee, 93% and still griping... Looks like you shot very well to me m8....
    I will try and do the last 4 if circumstances allow. The project is making another stock
    Im a perfectionist mate and know i can shoot better! i used to be better so i know there is more! im missing the next three too and only doing the last four! only wanted to do the 6 required! good luck with the stock mate! but why is it stopping you shootin? cant stand gettin beat?? lol
    Air Arms Ev2 MKII, Big Nikko, lots of luck!
    Air Logic Genesis .177

Quote Originally Posted by LeeEv2 View Post
    Im a perfectionist
    But you shoot an ev2
    Ostler Ev2 in Warren Edwards off set (Pope) + Prem ret x45 Comp Series luepold
    Oaktree FTC
    Air Arms XTi50 Test Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by LeeEv2 View Post
    Im a perfectionist mate and know i can shoot better! i used to be better so i know there is more! im missing the next three too and only doing the last four! only wanted to do the 6 required! good luck with the stock mate! but why is it stopping you shootin? cant stand gettin beat?? lol
    Its not stopping me shooting m8, never planned doing many of the GP`s anyway. Family commitments etc, winter leagues are not a problem though..
    Come down our place any saturday you want m8 we can have a wager on it
    Are you doing the Nefta`s this week, me and the Bandit will be there

be careful Lee he's a demon at Millride!
    EV2, Webley Omega, AAS400, AAS200, AATx200

Ogre

[QUOTE=sniper-wolf;2664125]Firstly I would like to thank Mr Richard Woods and all the gang at MAD for one of the best GP courses I have ever shot. If it wasn't for 2 big Welsh ogres (Mark Basset and Dorian Falconer) standing just over the little bridge, I thought I had walked into a fairy tale wood.

How very dare you Neil, I have been called many things in my life especially since Ive been in my current employment hahahaha, but how dare you match me upto dorian hahahaha (plus its official Doz is heavier than me).

Berty..
    JUDGE DRUID
    Walther Dominator (Titanium) Weaver t36
    Daystate Harrier SE EB 10x42.

Quote Originally Posted by berty177 View Post
    (plus its official Doz is heavier than me).

Berty..

Prove it
    Ostler Ev2 in Warren Edwards off set (Pope) + Prem ret x45 Comp Series luepold
    Oaktree FTC
    Air Arms XTi50 Test Pilot

Proof

Quote Originally Posted by piemanlarger View Post
    Prove it
    it was said from the horses mouth, Doz admitted it himself.. hahahaha, bout time as well.

Berty

Hold on Simon, theres the possibility you kite be the heaviest. hmmmm I wonder.
    JUDGE DRUID
    Walther Dominator (Titanium) Weaver t36
    Daystate Harrier SE EB 10x42.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Chairman View Post
    be careful Lee he's a demon at Millride!
    Cheers mate! beat him there in the winter league thou its people like jon i need to push me further! we enjoy some good banter together at shoots! its all fun
    Air Arms Ev2 MKII, Big Nikko, lots of luck!
    Air Logic Genesis .177