Thread: leather piston

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi,
    Don't do it! Don't fit a square section spring. The gun will hate it. I have tried an 'OX' square spring in mine many years ago. It turned into an absolutely horrible air gun. I reckon a Chinese B2 would shoot more smoothly than an HW35 with a square spring. Honestly, get yourself a standard spring or a V-Mach F1. It will save you having to buy another piston washer and strip it all down again in a couple of weeks time.

Best Regards,
    Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
    Hi,
    Don't do it! Don't fit a square section spring. The gun will hate it. I have tried an 'OX' square spring in mine many years ago. It turned into an absolutely horrible air gun. I reckon a Chinese B2 would shoot more smoothly than an HW35 with a square spring. Honestly, get yourself a standard spring or a V-Mach F1. It will save you having to buy another piston washer and strip it all down again in a couple of weeks time.

Best Regards,
    Andy.
    Thanks for the advice Andy, I must be the only member on the bbs who has no issues with square section springs, I have used them loads of times, with no problems,I once did an 80 for a friend who ORDERED me NOT to use an OX Square section ,so I DID, ON test he was very happy with tune I had done then asked what spring I used,, he could not belive it, I striped the gun in front of him (to change the spring) but he would have none of it, so the OX went back in,,HOWEVER,, as I am hoping to keep the leather seal I shall take your advice and get a round section spring, thanks aANT..

there was a square section spring in my 35 when i got and it kicked like a mule.
    needless to say i stripped it,polished the internals and fitted a v-mach kit.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    there was a square section spring in my 35 when i got and it kicked like a mule.
    needless to say i stripped it,polished the internals and fitted a v-mach kit.
    I have never put one in a 35, I think it might be a bit much for a leather seal,now,,,if I Just chop a couple of coils off,,,no,no I wont do it

RIGHT the decision is made,,

I am going to Blackpool tomorrow to see what the can do me for