Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder targets

Girl Wiv A Gun Guest

Pathfinder targets

Anyone used one of these to zero with yet? I used one to zero my old Diana tonight, just s o a friend could use it when we go ratting next week,(I thought the spring had gone on as it had no power)and it totally obliterated it.

Anyone had a similar experience with these?

moltenmetal Guest
    not shot at mine showed it round a few lads at club had a good laugh at how it would be good for one shot .threw it in the glove box of the car will prob put it at the side of a rabbit run so i can get the range of it that is about all it good for !. 101 uses that a joke

Girl Wiv A Gun Guest
    Exactly my point! I was expecting a little more than 10 minutes use after that review in the mag! Am a little disappointed to be honest!

er, i think its a marker more than a target

you can stick it out to say 45yards with a target next to it so you know practise your rangefinding int he dark

As Gaz said more of markers than targets and they do have a few good uses.
    From a hide you can mark out your distances both in day and night also good for putting in the ground next to your dead bunnies at night, saves carrying them around just go pick them up when you finish.

Pete

Lee G Guest
    Has anyone got a link to where you can buy these?
    I dont read the mags that much. Ok Im too tight to buy em and the local newagent dont stock em so I cant read em when browsing the top shealf.

Lee

They have a use - excellent as a marker to assist you in knowing the range from a static point to target.

Also, if you are stalking, you can use them to plot routes thru field wooodlands inbetween boggy patches or to mark hazards etc.

Also very useful to mark out the borders of your shoot so you dont accidentally stray from your area or allow pellets to be shot outside the boundary of your shoot which is illegal, dangerous and carries severe penalties.

Marking the position of shot game or the location of a stach to collect later.

There was also a member of BBS that was selling rolls of the reflective tape (like cyclists use) that could be used for the same purpose and probably more effective and flexible too.

Also, i would like to see someone poke this into summer hard ground

Has anyone tried it with NV gear - I am wondering if they would cause too much flare in the eyepeice especially if the illuminator is on.

In context of the comics - it's probably one of the better placky freebies they given out. Still cant get that excited about it though.

There are plenty of other target you can use instead of these !!!

As for the claim they have 101 uses - well all I can only say (for the millionth time) is stop exaggerating

Lee

pathfinders are HERE mate

Lee G Guest
    Thanks for the link.
    I like the day night demo on the site, one not to be missed.

smiley Guest
    there was one free with airgunner this month (no plug!) and they look prettty cool!! got some on order... too expensive to use for shooting (£2.99) for 25? but good markers for bunny hanging mid shoot... a friend also uses them for rangefinging on bunny hot-spots via n/v... one placed on approach path to rest foot against and several around feeding area in a line of 5mtr increment's so good for n/v rangefinding (tricky at best of times) as they light up like blackpool!(with low i.r) fun fun, fun p.s check out the demo day/night... you would have thought that some one with a digy and a torch was worth the effort he,he
    Last edited by smiley; 18-04-2004 at 12:19 PM.

2.99 for 15

I think these are the dogs b*llox for checking your NV zero before an outing. It's so damn easy. No more carrying tea lights and card board boxes up the garden.

They reflect amazingly sharply through my Falcon S2.5 x 50. I was putting 10 pellets through a 1/2" hole on em @ 34yrds.

Dave,
    Last edited by Dave Willy; 19-04-2004 at 08:07 PM.
    They said you can't polish sh*t.. well mine's chrome plated

Gary C Guest
    actually Dave that one hole group really was a 1 hole group. It was 1 pellet. The other 9 are in the barn door mate

Acenorth. is offline Extreme Ironing World Record Holder.
    Hey, I didn't realise they where that cheap, I have just ordered a few packs...

Cheers for the Link Gaz...

Ian
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Don't assume anything.... It makes an ASS out of U and ME

np mate