Thread: hw35 tuning woes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mxgb View Post
    Can you not get a local airgun dealer to run the 35 over a chrono just to put some context into the perceived lack of power.
    ATB Keith
    i wouldn't use a shop to test ya gun,if its over the limit they can refuse to return it to you and charge whatever they like to turn the power down.

buy or lend a chrono...safest bet.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    buy or lend a chrono
    Buy or BORROW you mean... Sorry for being a grammar nazi but that really winds me up...

hi

mark combro for £39 will sort you out, nice and reliable bit of kit. the old leather washer was very forgiving being organic in material especially with an out of shape cylinder...there is a very fine line between good power and lack of consistency...i cut my teeth on a 35....wish i had a £ for everytime i opened it up and cleaned it...
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

buy a piston head convertor from john knibbs then fit a nylon piston head.even send it off to steve pope have it sized to fit your cyilinder if its worn.ive just finished my 35 luxus its running at 11.5 but smooth i only aded two steel washers to the piston and one to the spring guide. cut a hw 80 spring down to 29 coils the hw35 is 28 the extra coil seems to work.hope this helps .

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    i wouldn't use a shop to test ya gun,if its over the limit they can refuse to return it to you and charge whatever they like to turn the power down.
    Good point, I was asuming that the power was low from the text ot the thread, but that may not be a wise route to take if your Mercury is very high I suppose the HW could be over just not as high as the Merc.
    ATB Keith