Thread: Webley Stingray

Webley Stingray

Afternoon everyone, well I posted on here a couple of days ago about changing my Raider 2 shot for a springer again ( self sufficient ), a used TX200 was for sale at my local shop, but when I went and had a look it wasn't that brilliant so I was lookind around and found a new Webley Stingray hanging up so I had a go and it immediatly felt good, a real nice fit, not to heavy, nor to light and not much recoil or twang, surprisingly not much muzzle crack from it either, well I got my first chance to zero it in today and bugger me this things shoots great, now it's zeroed I'm getting half inch groups at 30 yards, I wasn't that much better with my PCP. All in all what a great piece of kit for the little money, real nice shoot, feels so solid aswell, the barrel takes a good sharp tap to break it, in fact I've put a couple of hundred pellets through it and my arm is aching a bit, but I can live with that. I am definatly glad I changed back to Spring, and even more so that I went with the Stingray, what a lovely underrated tool. Anyway essay over. Have a good one peeps.

Best regards
    Nige

Ford Prefect Guest
    i've got a stingray myself in .177 very nice gun indeed

chub Guest
    hi nige,i am thinking of buying a stingray.what pellets were you using for your gun and is it a 177?.
    albert

Hi Albert, mine is 22 and I use Accupell, I was actually going to get it in 177 but in the end I stuck with 22. Again very nice gun for the money.
    Nige

chub Guest
    many thanks nige.i am well out of touch with the game now
    albert

I find Accupell just drop into my Stingray barrel, and don't seat properly- they're liable to drop out when you close the breech. Using Superdome myself.

The Stingray is a very nice gun, if you're thinking of getting one, then go ahead- you won't be dissapointed. Beautiful finish and very accurate.

I use superpoints & hollowpoints in my .22 stingray,like Doobin i also find accupells fall into the barrell although they are accurate when i use them.I wouldnt part with my Stingray its an excellent gun
    bikeboy luvs his monkeys

Accupells were VERY accurate in my Stingray, but when I asked about them dropping into the barrel, the general consensus on here was that it wouldn't do the gun any good.

Nope, I'd never part with my Stingray either. In fact, if I could only have one gun, it'd be the Stingray.

chub Guest
    many thanks to you lads for the stingray info.are you using the carbine?.
    albert

Webley Lazadome / Daystate FT / JSB Exact go very nice in Stingrays, too.

Mine is the carbine, and like other people have said accupels do fall down my barrel a bit but they are very accurate, what is this that it doesn't do your gun any good ?, I would rather change pellets than knacker my gun if this is the case.
    Have fun.

Nige