Thread: Mike Herod - BARPC

Mike Herod - BARPC

Mike Herod –BARPC

It is with deep sadness that we announce that Mike Herod has passed away following a long illness and offer our deepest sympathy to Mike’s wife Gill, daughter Emma and son Adam as well as the rest of Mike’s family.

Mike has been a stalwart of Basingstoke Air Rifle and Pistol Club for many years and club treasurer for at least the past ten. Always ready with a smile and eager to help, Mike would always be at hand in the stats tent with Gill and Emma at our open shoots and club events alike. Many of you will have meet Mike at these events.

Over the years, Mike has taken an active role in the clubs activities, shooting for our winter league HFT team and travelling to many of the regions clubs. He has also represented the club at 10m match pistol and was a keen clay pigeon shooter. Over the years he was the welcoming face of the club to hundreds of new and prospective members, myself included where we soon got to know about his other passion, photography.

Mike, you will be sadly missed but never forgotten by all your friends, past and present at BARPC. Rest in peace mate.

BARPC Committee.
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Very sorry to hear that Bob. Please pass on my condolences to the family. A hard time to deal with even when expected. Expectation doesnt make the slipping away any easier.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    Its always very sad to hear a fellow shoter has passed away. My condolences to his Family and friends

LAity
    Lots and lots of guns !

Gary C Guest
    I interviewed Mike last year and was amazed at his courage in the face of both crappy weather and a crappy prognosis. Despite his illness he still looked in better nick than Bob Ward..

RIP Mike
    Our sincere condolances to his family

So very sorry to hear this. My condolences to his Family and friends
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Sad news

Mike was always willing to help and have a chat when I was a member at Basingstoke.

Bob:

Please accept my sincere condolences-Mike was a smashing man, as you say-always a welcoming smile for visitors to the club, he was a great ambassador for BARPC.
    R.I.P Mike.

Graham & Kellie Guest.