Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CO2 pistol service/repair in Cornwall?

CO2 pistol service/repair in Cornwall?

As above, does anyone know of anybody in Cornwall who can/will repair and service CO2 pistols?

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Try The Duchy Gunsmith. They do work on Airguns as well as shotguns and rifles. They're re-blacking a scruffy Diana 52 for me at the moment. Nice helpful guys.

The only problem with a lot of CO2 pistols (depending on what it is?) is that spare parts are pretty much impossible to get hold of...

Perhaps if you tell us what it is advice can be more focussed.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Hi Tony
    Thanks for the suggestion. It's valves or valve seals, I think. My Webley and the Nagant have suddenly started leaking gas. Bit of a bugger as they're my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by stevew View Post
    Hi Tony
    Thanks for the suggestion. It's valves or valve seals, I think. My Webley and the Nagant have suddenly started leaking gas. Bit of a bugger as they're my favourites.
    Ah ok. If you don't use them I recommend you try Crosman co2 capsules as they have pellgunoil in with the gas which lubricates and cleans seals. I use these pretty much exclusively and have never had a problem (yet...) with leaking valves and seals amongst my herd of about 20 co2 guns!

Broken

Broken airguns are a misery mate I mean you spend hours looking for spares hours tryin to fix them and thy still leak
    Tell u what to save u a whole world of pain I'll have'em both off you for fair price , send em up to Gloucester
    Sorry , lol worth a try
    Down your way Devon ish or Cornish there was a guy doing bling polishing of airguns esp Co2 called ' BigDog ' or similar .
    He did repairs and servicing too I think . He had to disamantle the things to get them polished so makes sense he rebuilt them .
    Had a small website from memory and think he was here as a member here for while ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Down your way Devon ish or Cornish there was a guy doing bling polishing of airguns esp Co2 called ' BigDog ' or similar .
    He did repairs and servicing too I think . He had to disamantle the things to get them polished so makes sense he rebuilt them .
    Had a small website from memory and think he was here as a member here for while ?
    From memory it was BlackDog Airguns - did some nice stuff. I haven't seen any activity from him for a while

BlackDog

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    From memory it was BlackDog Airguns - did some nice stuff. I haven't seen any activity from him for a while
    Yep thats the buddy .
    Knew name had a B and a D in it somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Ah ok. If you don't use them I recommend you try Crosman co2 capsules as they have pellgunoil in with the gas which lubricates and cleans seals. I use these pretty much exclusively and have never had a problem (yet...) with leaking valves and seals amongst my herd of about 20 co2 guns!
    Crosman hasn’t used lubricant in the capsules for a very long time. If you want to use oiled CO2 then try Webley Hard-air which does contain Tru-glide lubricant.
    David.

Quote Originally Posted by stevew View Post
    Hi Tony
    Have you tried putting a drop or two of pellgun oil on the tip of the CO2 bulb. If you don't have pellgun oil a drop of clutch fluid will do.

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    Crosman hasn’t used lubricant in the capsules for a very long time. If you want to use oiled CO2 then try Webley Hard-air which does contain Tru-glide lubricant.
    Are you sure? The ones I buy from our site sponsor (when they are in stock) have lubricant in them, so do the ones currently advertised by amazon (although a bit pricy) -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crosman-Pow.../dp/B071YLHBCJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Are you sure? The ones I buy from our site sponsor (when they are in stock) have lubricant in them, so do the ones currently advertised by amazon (although a bit pricy) -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crosman-Pow.../dp/B071YLHBCJ
    Look up this. MSDS CO2 V2 - Powerlet.pdf

Perhaps still selling old stock from about 8-10 years ago.
    David.

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    Look up this. MSDS CO2 V2 - Powerlet.pdf

Perhaps still selling old stock from about 8-10 years ago.
    That's a shame. In that case I suggest we stock up when we see them and use them sparingly! I buy them in a batch of 50 or 100 every three months or so and never had a problem sourcing them, even earlier this year.

To be honest there is no real substitute in the long run for replacing the seals. I often get leaking CO2 pistols swimming in lube where owners have tried to put off the inevitable.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    To be honest there is no real substitute in the long run for replacing the seals. I often get leaking CO2 pistols swimming in lube where owners have tried to put off the inevitable.

Baz
    That makes sense, but perhaps lube is preventative maintenance?

May work for some, but when they wear or get gooey, only one real option...

https://i.imgur.com/KIBwnGc.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/OqZueSM.jpg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD