Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rapid question

Rapid question

Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit the single shot loading tray from an MFR into a Rapid MkII?

I know that loading would be a bit tight without the hollowed out section behind the tray (as on the MFR), but a single shot conversion would make use of the Rapid in HFT much easier.

Paul

Sam Guest
    Yes.

Good news. Presumably this is just a push in unit and I won't need any gunsmithing skills (I hope not, as I haven't got any).

SBSD - have you actually used a rapid with one fitted? Is it a worthwhile mod or is the loading too much of a pain in the ar$e?

This could save me a few bob, as I was thinking of buyung a dedicated single shot combo just for HFT.

Paul

Snapshot. Guest
    At £16 it's a very expensive piece of plastic and I'm not totally convinced by how well it works, even on an MFR. It just pushes into the gap where the mag should be.

Jonathan

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I just single load my Rapids anyways.

Without the extra cutout around the breach, the plastic MFR "tray" won't help that much IMHO.

Other option is to use a duff 7 shot mag as a single loader..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Kev. Guest
    Why not just use a seven shot mag, put one pellet in, push it in, fire push it out, load another pellet, push it back, etc etc

I was going to suggest the same thing there Kev, but you're obviously faster and cleverer than I am

Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Snapshot. Guest
    Originally posted by Kev.
    Why not just use a seven shot mag, put one pellet in, push it in, fire push it out, load another pellet, push it back, etc etc
    'Cos you can't get 7-shot mags in .177?

Jonathan

Kev. Guest
    But he never said it was a .177 in the original post

Kev.G Guest
    if you load a mag with one pellet the mag will rotate full cycle very fast on pulling the cocking bolt back,this in time will damage the mag.
    kevG

Snapshot. Guest
    He didn't say it was .22 (or .20 or .25) either but he did say it was for HFT and no-one who wants to be competitive uses anything but .177.

Jonathan

Kev. Guest
    Originally posted by Kev.G
    if you load a mag with one pellet the mag will rotate full cycle very fast on pulling the cocking bolt back,this in time will damage the mag.
    kevG
    Not if you only load into the open chamber on a seven shot mag without winding it up

Kev. Guest
    Originally posted by Snapshot.
    He didn't say it was .22 (or .20 or .25) either but he did say it was for HFT and no-one who wants to be competitive uses anything but .177.

Jonathan
    That is only because none of the competitors have enough skill to use a propper calibre, and so have to take the ladies choice to get a decent score

Yes it will fit and they cost £16.50, well worth it to convert a multi in a single for HFT.

Pete

Snapshot. Guest
    Originally posted by Kev.
    That is only because none of the competitors have enough skill to use a propper calibre, and so have to take the ladies choice to get a decent score
    I challenge you to come to come to the Easter Bunny Bash on Sunday to prove your point.