Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Colt Saa - Why No Umarex Clone?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

The Colt Saa - Why No Umarex Clone?

Why doesn't Umarex/Walther produce a Colt Single Action Army (Peacemaker? whatever, you know the late model 'Cowboy' .45 Colt) type pistol for its CO2 range? It seems a bit remiss, they have the Smith & Wesson revolver and all those semi-auto clones. Brocock used to sell their SAA type pistols quite happily until the TAC disaster.

Perhaps there is not enough room in the grip for the gas cylinder? Maybe they could make one to take the 8g cylinders then...
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 28-03-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Why doesn't Umarex/Walther produce a Colt Single Action Army (Peacemaker? whatever, you know the late model Coqwboy .45 Colt) type pistol for its CO2 range? It seems a bit remiss, they have the Smith & Wesson revolver and all those semi-auto clones. Brocock used to sell their SAA type pistols quite happily until the TAC disaster.

Perhaps there is not enough room in the grip for the gas cylinder? Maybe they could make one to take the 8g cylinders then...
    i am sure this has been covered before mate ask the lads on here

atb dai

Colt peacemaker or similar would most certainly be in my collection too
    ATB Keith

yeah it would be nice, i'd buy one!

A good Glock clone would be nice too

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz gun man View Post

The Crosman Colt SA is not very nice. An Umarex one to the standard of the Smith & Wesson revolver is more what I fancy. I think Daisy or Crosman actually make a Glock clone, I just don't think it is imported here yet.

here is a link

http://www.crosman.com/site/listing/1325

Is that what you want?

the Umarex guns are better made than crosman/gamo models etc, IMO

I would buy one. I developed a sudden urge to possess a SAA after reading the Dark Tower books by Stephen King. I had the idea of getting one of the TAC type just around the time of the ban

For me it would have to load as similarly as possible to the original; i.e. a loading gate behind the cylinder not a swing out cylinder. You could use the ejector rod to unload or pop out jammed pellets.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    I would buy one. I developed a sudden urge to possess a SAA after reading the Dark Tower books by Stephen King. I had the idea of getting one of the TAC type just around the time of the ban

For me it would have to load as similarly as possible to the original; i.e. a loading gate behind the cylinder not a swing out cylinder. You could use the ejector rod to unload or pop out jammed pellets.
    If you want one that is very close to the original, there was a blackpowder percussion-cap one you could buy, I think from one of the Italian makers, which you had to load by taking the cylinder out and front-stuffing the chambers in a press. They might be still available if you get an FAC for blackpowder pistol.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I'd buy one too.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz gun man View Post

The best Glock 17 clone out there at the moment is the RAM 30X, Real Action Marker, that fires .43 paint balls or rubber balls from a 9 shot mag at up to 240fps.

Great fun

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I don't know anything about paintball or paintball guns. Not sure I want to, since I already need to learn so much / can't afford to buy what I want, with conventional airguns, muzzleloaders, and cartridge guns.

But what the hell, please tell us more!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    If you want one that is very close to the original, there was a blackpowder percussion-cap one you could buy, I think from one of the Italian makers, which you had to load by taking the cylinder out and front-stuffing the chambers in a press. They might be still available if you get an FAC for blackpowder pistol.
    They are certainly available over here in quite a few guises & as far as I know they are still licence free!!
    Buy a pistol which will fire 6 x .44 balls with out reloading, & no licence!!

Photos from Frankonia catalogue

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...mriser0001.jpg
    http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...mriser0002.jpg

PS a lot of these pistols are loaded without taking the cylinder out. powder & ball are loaded into chamber & then rammed down with built in ramrod built under barrel & works on a pivot & cam principle.

Dave

A bit off topic but here you go .

They are nice but as a purist the bottle sticking out the grip kills it for me

I would buy a Umarex Peacemaker for definate !! Esp in blingtastic chrome

Carl.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " This , is MY safety "

Something like this but it would have to be up to the Umarex high standards and absolutely require clear chambers and the ability to fan the hammer .

You could invent a new discipline just for these pistols

Yeeee Haaaarrr Partner !!

Carl .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " This , is MY safety "

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS View Post
    A bit off topic but here you go .

They are nice but as a purist the bottle sticking out the grip kills it for me

I would buy a Umarex Peacemaker for definate !! Esp in blingtastic chrome

Carl.
    If your hands are big enough then you can't see the CO2 cover when you hold it

For a laugh, I suggested to Paddy that I might try this in the CO2 section of the pistol comp, the 11mm balls make a good size hole in the target, but I agreed not to cheat by using the large caliber, even though it's a bit inaccurate because of the poor fit of the balls in the smoothbore barrel 5 shots all in the black would probably all score 10s

Back on topic, I wonder if the Colt would look as fake as the Nickel S&W 586? It loks like a toy because the non-rotating cylinder is too obvious when compared to the black version.

If it was made like the S&W then you should be able to 'fan the hammer' as I think you can do that on the S&W anyway.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.