Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Colt Saa - Why No Umarex Clone?

Back on topic, I wonder if the Colt would look as fake as the Nickel S&W 586? It loks like a toy because the non-rotating cylinder is too obvious when compared to the black version.

Thats why it would HAVE to be straight through cylnders for it to work imo.

You would think that the mechanism would be fairly straight forward seeing as its such an old and simple system.

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS View Post
    Something like this but it would have to be up to the Umarex high standards and absolutely require clear chambers and the ability to fan the hammer .

You could invent a new discipline just for these pistols

Yeeee Haaaarrr Partner !!

Carl .
    FAN THE HAMMER?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

A bit off topic but here you go .

They are nice but as a purist the bottle sticking out the grip kills it for me

I would buy a Umarex Peacemaker for definate !! Esp in blingtastic chrome

Carl.
    The grip on my Smith 686 holds the bottle internally. I'll bet a Peacemaker grip would, too. But I agree that it would be an ugly abomination if it couldn't.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    They are certainly available over here in quite a few guises & as far as I know they are still licence free!!
    Buy a pistol which will fire 6 x .44 balls with out reloading, & no licence!!

Photos from Frankonia catalogue

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...mriser0001.jpg
    http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...mriser0002.jpg

PS a lot of these pistols are loaded without taking the cylinder out. powder & ball are loaded into chamber & then rammed down with built in ramrod built under barrel & works on a pivot & cam principle.

Dave
    They do require a license in the UK, Dave: and in a few US states.

But licensing aside: it's nice to own something that's safe, convenient, and quiet enough to shoot on your own property.

That's an advantage air guns will always have over cartridge or black powder.

Jim

Something like this but it would have to be up to the Umarex high standards and absolutely require clear chambers and the ability to fan the hammer .

You could invent a new discipline just for these pistols

Yeeee Haaaarrr Partner !!

Carl .
    You got that right, Pard!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    They do require a license in the UK, Dave: and in a few US states.

But licensing aside: it's nice to own something that's safe, convenient, and quiet enough to shoot on your own property.

That's an advantage air guns will always have over cartridge or black powder.

Jim
    Hi Jim, yes I know they need licences in the Uk, my point was that it seems incredible that they don't (or didn't) need licences over here!
    Dave

Colt 1873 > 45 SAA Replica's

The answer to your question is that Replica Arms of a type manufactured after 1870 are not allowed to be sold in the UK !

Quote Originally Posted by Hoylake5 View Post
    The answer to your question is that Replica Arms of a type manufactured after 1870 are not allowed to be sold in the UK !
    Ah , but these would NOT be replicas .

These would be air pistols - or rather CO2 pistols .

How do you suppose the current glut of Colt / Beretta /Desert Eagle CO2 pistols get around it ?

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "