Thread: 174mts with the Rapid mk2 .25

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club

174mts with the Rapid mk2 .25

Yestereday I went to the farm to do abit of hunting as i did the day before, the weather was very nice and sunny and no wind either(makes a change). There was not much activity so got abit bored. I had with me as i did the day before the .25 which i got 4 big bunnies with.

I noticed a white bucket that has some sort of feed that the farmer gives the cows , it was just lying around empty so i picked it up and placed it on a steel pole (turned upsied down). Went back to where there is an old tree stump, range found it and it read 174mt, did this twice to make sure it was spot on.

I placed the rifle on the stump but first layed a bit of tarpaling over it, got myself into position and took aim at the bucket. Man that is one hell of a distence and i knew the mill dots were not going to be enough so i went down to the black line of the scope (varmint11 4-16x44), adjusted the parellex to 200mts and turned the mag to 10.

Took aim and BINGO got it! , blew a hole right through it cause i had to see what it did to it, went back and did the same BINGO got it again. Did this right through the mag (12 shots) now I dont know if anyone knows these buckets but they have a face of a cow on them. The bucket has like a reddish brown feed inside them and are 10lts contents.
    I was going for the bucket but after I finished I went to see the bucket.

All 12 shots were in the yellow area and the last ten all grouped around the cows neck. I needed the yellow to give me something to aim at. I could not belive the accuracy at that range! I was taken back by it, and the bucket was shattered to bits bit chunks at the otherside blown right off. Also found afew that hit the pole as they went through the first side of the thick plastic bucket, they were smashed to bits with nasty intendations made to the pole.

I was shocked at the power retention left at that range and the accuracy too. Man I really do enjoy and respect my .25 as this truely is an amazing rifle and cali.
    Happy Shooting Lads.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter View Post
    Yestereday I went to the farm to do abit of hunting as i did the day before, the weather was very nice and sunny and no wind either(makes a change). There was not much activity so got abit bored. I had with me as i did the day before the .25 which i got 4 big bunnies with.

I noticed a white bucket that has some sort of feed that the farmer gives the cows , it was just lying around empty so i picked it up and placed it on a steel pole (turned upsied down). Went back to where there is an old tree stump, range found it and it read 174mt, did this twice to make sure it was spot on.

I placed the rifle on the stump but first layed a bit of tarpaling over it, got myself into position and took aim at the bucket. Man that is one hell of a distence and i knew the mill dots were not going to be enough so i went down to the black line of the scope (varmint11 4-16x44), adjusted the parellex to 200mts and turned the mag to 10.

Took aim and BINGO got it! , blew a hole right through it cause i had to see what it did to it, went back and did the same BINGO got it again. Did this right through the mag (12 shots) now I dont know if anyone knows these buckets but they have a face of a cow on them. The bucket has like a reddish brown feed inside them and are 10lts contents.
    I was going for the bucket but after I finished I went to see the bucket.

All 12 shots were in the yellow area and the last ten all grouped around the cows neck. I needed the yellow to give me something to aim at. I could not belive the accuracy at that range! I was taken back by it, and the bucket was shattered to bits bit chunks at the otherside blown right off. Also found afew that hit the pole as they went through the first side of the thick plastic bucket, they were smashed to bits with nasty intendations made to the pole.

I was shocked at the power retention left at that range and the accuracy too. Man I really do enjoy and respect my .25 as this truely is an amazing rifle and cali.
    Happy Shooting Lads.
    You are nothing but a hooligan Costas! I hope you are going to pay the farmer for the destruction of his bucket!!
    Seriously, good impressive shooting. I think I would be hard pressed to shoot that far with my rimfire. 174 metres. Are you SURE it wasn't 174 FEET?
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    You are nothing but a hooligan Costas! I hope you are going to pay the farmer for the destruction of his bucket!!
    Seriously, good impressive shooting. I think I would be hard pressed to shoot that far with my rimfire. 174 metres. Are you SURE it wasn't 174 FEET?

Yep as sure as can be , the range finder is set to mts to match the distence's in the mill-dots as they are in mts, did it twice and both readings were 174mts. Beautiful day yesterday nickos, I really enjoyed it, mmm spring is in the air, smell of Bar-b everywhere, lovely and looking forward to wonderful weather nickolas.

Come on, you've got to go back and get some pictures - too good a long range shooting story to not have a bit of illustration!! I want to see that smashed up bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Davey K View Post
    Come on, you've got to go back and get some pictures - too good a long range shooting story to not have a bit of illustration!! I want to see that smashed up bucket

I wish I could do photo's dave I would have loved to have shown everyone on here. I have done some fantastic long range shooting with all my FAC rifles which has surprised me to such an extent that i still dream about that special day which was 181yds with my friends Range finder which he has on yds as i now have converted to mts. The 181yds might just equal the same in mts actualy, that one was the FAC Hornet .22 34ftlb with biz mags, again same speed 850fps as the .25 31gr barracuda.

This kind of shooting needs a nice windless day as yesterday but i'am so amazed with the .25's performance , I've never done this range with this cali and always waited for the dry windless day to come along and it just so happened after i shot 2 big bunnies I got abit bored. Everything was quiet so i thought i'd have a long range plink, really pleased with the results and as i said i wish i could have either had a cam corder or piccys to show you guys, you would have loved it. Happy Shooting Dave.

Thumbs up

Good shooting, im really enjoying it to see you trying out that distance!!!)
    i think you're gonna make me take a trip to the UK and come do some shooting with my .25 with you at the same range. the last time i did this was at 170yards but im waiting for my new scope with alot of elevation adjustment on the turret. my simalux only had 55MOA now im gettin the one with MEtric turrets to comply with Mil reticle.

wit regards to the retained energy at that distance yes its truly impressive. i use to break 7mm ceramic floor plate at that distance. the vertical drop if i remember well was over 105inches. here was the link to the videos i had filmed just for the one that doubted it was feet instead of yards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kax0pf-Tfc
    plate breaking..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC5oy...eature=related
    here's the pellet after impact at that distance
    http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL888.../266692993.jpg
    this photo gives you an idea of the angle it lands at!
    http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL888.../266689344.jpg
    http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL888.../266689314.jpg
    Last edited by flims; 03-04-2008 at 09:58 PM.

Seriously impressive Mr Cos. About time we got together for a some bucket busting

Lionel

Quote Originally Posted by lionel View Post
    Seriously impressive Mr Cos. About time we got together for a some bucket busting

Lionel

when ever your ready "Beastly Boy",

and dont forget to bring that pea-shooter of your, you know which one I'am on about and have a nice shooting session, we'll get lord snooty to come along too
    be a great day out.