Thread: blue printing rohm twinmasters ?

blue printing rohm twinmasters ?

can twin masters be "blueprinted" to increase the power to close to the 6ftlbs max limet .

iv never even held one so know nothing about them .
    can i ask what sort of shot count you get and what barrel length they have as this alone might increase power to an acceptable point if it could be lengthened to the 8" legal max .
    Last edited by snock; 02-04-2008 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jack-attack View Post
    can twin masters be "blueprinted" to increase the power to close to the 6ftlbs max limet.
    iiv never even held one so know nothing about them .
    can i ask what sort of shot count you get and what barrel length they have as this alone might increase power to an acceptable point if it could be lengthened to the 8" legal max .
    The following was sent to me by RobSmyth last year in response to a similar query. I have not done it yet. I have a spare valve assembly - the black cylindrical thing = but the threading is suspect so a friend is sorting it out.

"-Remove the air cylinder.
    -Remove the black valve cover that the cylinder mates up to (you will remove either 2 or 3 cap screws with an allen wrench).
    -If memory serves here, once the valve cover is off you will see some Belleville washers (cone shaped) stacked alternating end to end. I was told to turn a few of these washers around to increase the length of these stacked together. However, mine were already as long as they would go. After digging through my left-over-hardware pail I found a thicker flatwasher that I replaced one of these Bellevilles with. It ended up being only .016 longer but made a big difference. That .016" upped the speed to 525fps with CPLs.

I never tried to go further and have not shot it over the chrony to look at shot count yet. I really need to do that. But it is indeed a very easy change to do. Good luck

Shot count - easily a hundred good ones. Breech to end barrel already 8 inches. Free floating barrel - would not take weight of HW silencer also no room as barrel close to air cylinder - quiet discharge anyway. Red dot sight mounted on rail available as accessory = a potent combination. Get one with ergonomic grip if you get one. This is not a roustabout weapon. It is a delicate piece of kit relatively speaking. Not a Steyr or Morini or whatever but adequate from novice precision plinking and target. Although it has a 8 shot cylinder I do not recommend rapid cycling as the trigger needs to be fully released before squeezing again. Getting over excited with rapid fire can jam it or cause valve to stick and discharge cylinder.
    Last edited by snock; 13-04-2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: additional comments
    Steve
    Floccinaucinihilipilificator.

Just a thought but Rohm sell several sub 6 ft.lbs carbines in Germany, all based on the Twinmaster action. Very military styled, with addons available to make them resemble M4s. I think only the "desperado" is imported to Britain. You know, the takedown one sold in the cheesy guitar case like in the film of the same name.

Assuming the stock and sufficient barrel length you could possibly up the power of these quite a bit beyond 6.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Jkpc

Quote Originally Posted by jack-attack View Post
    can twin masters be "blueprinted" to increase the power to close to the 6ftlbs max limet .

iv never even held one so know nothing about them .
    I run a club and we have 6 Twinmaster Actions - CO2 and 4 Twinmaster Top compressed Air and we have been using these for target shooting for a number of years and these are far above club level at 10 metre shooting