Thread: My Air Arms s410 leaking air

Smile My Air Arms s410 leaking air

Is there anybody on here having the same problem as me (or had the problem and it was fixed)
    Can anyone give me a clue whats wrong

Since buying my rifle in September/October 2007 new from a rifle shop it has leaked air about 7 times so the cylinder was completely empty

I can fill the rifle to go shooting to 190bar after ive finished shooting I leave about 120bar in it come the next morning its empty
    But sometimes the rifle can be ok and not leak so cant understand it
    (since ringing arm airs they told me sometime dirt or grit can get in after filling the rifle and make the rifle leak)
    But surly not as many times ive experienced

But the problem doesn’t stop there
    ive been keeping a eye on this for a while even when I don’t go shooting and store the rifle at 170bar after a few days I go to look at the rifle and its empty seams strange to me

But please remember the rifle can sometimes be fine no leaks at all so I cant understand it
    AA s410k .177 L/H & Pulsar N550
    ITS TIGHT BUT YES IT FITS
    Xbox 360 Gamer Tag hockeyjockey72

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Get the washing up liquid out.
    Master Debater

next time it empties .. make shure the cylinder is on tight
    also the end valve,
    it doesn't take many smarts to remove the cylinder and end valve to check on the o rings (just make shure its totaly empty before having a go)

hope that helps,

JASON..
    lots of takedowns

Fit a party balloon over the muzzle, and another over the filler valve. Leave over night. If the barrel one blows up, its the firing valve; with the rifle empty and uncocked, blow through with a bottle to shift any dirt in the valve. If its the filler valve, try the same thing, or replace it. If neither balloons blow up, its the joint between the action and the pressure gauge; replace the two O-rings.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

i had the same problem with my s400 when i first got it.

it was dirt in the firing valve, just gave it a blast out with air and never had a problem since.

pull the bolt back into the slack position NOT COCKED! put your ear to the open action and listen for hissing, if there is a hiss its the firing valve.

i think its the most common fault ive heard about with the s4** series

Check the gauge

Mine had a leak which i think was from the firing valve, did the balloon trick and the one on the barrel inflated. So sent it back to the air gun centre and the have subsequently sent it to air arms cause they couldn't sort the problem. So i don't know what is up with it yet. Hoping to get it back soon. Anyone know how long it takes air arms to deal with these things?

Hugh
    Air Arms s410k .177 with a Falcon Menace 4-14x44 FFP and a Harris 9-13" SLM
    Good Deals with: WonkyDonkey, mancsmike2, Airbrush, ChrisC, Mickris, Kevin James, detectorjohn.