Thread: Bushnell scopes - whats hot

Bushnell scopes - whats hot

Got the opportunity to get a friend to get some glass from the land of the free. It has to be Bushnell and they are going on an air rifle sub 12, a rimmie .22LR and HMR and a centre fire.

I really liked the Elite 3200 fixed 10 x 40 with the oversize turrets - Are they still flavour of the month.

What is the best bushnell glass to buy ? Only ever tried the 3200 (and liked it)

Just vote which model/s you rate please
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

take a look on walmart.com i got an elite 4200 with sf last week which worked out at 330 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by krieger View Post
    take a look on walmart.com i got an elite 4200 with sf last week which worked out at 330 pounds
    location or source isnt the issue - it was what is class glass & what one/s would you get

Which model 4200 would float your boat

I don't know if these are hot or not, but my favorite for hunting is the Bushnell Elite 3200 3-10x40, and the fixed mag 10x40 for HFT. Good optics with a nice clear reticule and tough as old boots...

I've just bought a Bushnell Elite 10x40 on here for use on my rimfire. For air rifles I like the Legend 5-15x40 mildot. Excellent scopes at very reasonable prices.
    Bear in mind that the 10x40 will need to be re-parallaxed for airgun ranges It is set to 50 yards out of the box which is fine for rimfire but not for air.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Depends on you budget, have a look at the new 6500 elite range they all come down to 10yds minimum (i'm waiting for mine). 30mm tube and variable power.

Dave

I've got two Elite 4200 SF 6-24x50s.

One's on one of my rimmies, the other's on my centrefire.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13335322@N05/2220413781/

Both excellent.

They'll focus down to 25 yards at lower mags, but you really need 30 or more for the sight picture to be perfectly crisp at x24.

There's an Elite 4200 SF 6-24x40 which will, I believe, parallax down to airgun ranges.

Flavour of the month? Probably the next-gen 6500 series.
    Born To Be Mild.

Simon,

The Elite 4200 is excellent glass, much better than Elite 3200 in my opinion (which is already very good).

If you want something versatile (airgun, RF) the Elite 4200 6-24x40 with front AO is a good choice and has a choice of rets (duplex, mil dot) to choose from but is veeeeery long, the sidewheel one is a lot shorter but the sidewheel only goes down to 25yds, also in my opinion is not as good as the front AO version.

If you want smaller mag there is a 4-16x40 version, it has AO but only available in duplex.

There is also a new Elite out the 6500, expensive but might be worth looking at. Not seen one yet so can't comment, but there are loads of models available and going by the 4200 I am sure it will be excellent.

ATB.

Piotr.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mikemorton View Post
    I've got two Elite 4200 SF 6-24x50s.

One's on one of my rimmies, the other's on my centrefire.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13335322@N05/2220413781/

Both excellent.

They'll focus down to 25 yards at lower mags, but you really need 30 or more for the sight picture to be perfectly crisp at x24.

There's an Elite 4200 SF 6-24x40 which will, I believe, parallax down to airgun ranges.

Flavour of the month? Probably the next-gen 6500 series.
    I just knew you were a rich man Mike!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I just knew you were a rich man Mike!
    I'm not rich Nick, I just spend my money sensibly.

So my son doesn't have any shoes to wear to school?

So what!?

I have guns!

MM
    Born To Be Mild.

Kingplinker Guest
    Bushnell elite 10x40

I have two and I love them , excellent clarity not too cumbersome and very good for HFT . Great value for money too !

atvb

Dave

As mentioned, the Legend 5-15x40 is very good as is the 3200 10x40 but my personal favourite is the 3200 4-12x40. These are the ones I've owned/tried. I can't comment on the 4200s as I have no experience of them (although I realise this is a very un-AGBBS attitude ).

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by mfr marcus View Post
    4200 is better than the 3200 imho Simon ...or how about the ones with the built in range finder ,they'd be great for a rimmy but unfortunately not much cop for hft ..cheers marcus
    hiya Marcus.

If you dig deeper, the user reports on the range finder scopes dont come back as very user friendly though personally, i do not have an issue with them in terms as finding them unsportsmanlike to use or unsafe to use either.

I am not tempted by these.....yet. They are too R&D at the moment and as you know, I dont get paid to do R&D so I fail to see why I should do it as a paying customer. They will improve but they are not good enough yet.

I think the 3200 elite fixed is an excellent, small scope and parallax can be changed with consumate ease.

4200 is of course a step up but never had one.

I will do some homework on the 6500 range - sounds like they are going to be pricey though.

Personally, I'd go for (ie have done) :-

10x40 3200 repa'd to 30yds for Air
    10x40 3200 or 5-15x40 Legend for .22lr
    5-15x40 Legend for .17hmr

Works well enough
    I'm telling you it moved!

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    Simon,

The Elite 4200 is excellent glass, much better than Elite 3200 in my opinion (which is already very good).

If you want something versatile (airgun, RF) the Elite 4200 6-24x40 with front AO is a good choice and has a choice of rets (duplex, mil dot) to choose from but is veeeeery long, the sidewheel one is a lot shorter but the sidewheel only goes down to 25yds, also in my opinion is not as good as the front AO version.

If you want smaller mag there is a 4-16x40 version, it has AO but only available in duplex.

There is also a new Elite out the 6500, expensive but might be worth looking at. Not seen one yet so can't comment, but there are loads of models available and going by the 4200 I am sure it will be excellent.

ATB.

Piotr.
    Hiya Poitr - long time no speak - how are you.

Yeah the 3200 was what I was using and sold when we went to Morsko. I liked that scope. The 4200 is one I havnt really assessed and the s500 is expensive to be buying 3 of but it is looking good spec wise.

I think I prefer side focus if possible and I dont want it too big and heavy for stalking.

Low light and being able to fit to a rimmie or CF action easily would be handy. The compact nature fo the 3200 may be a worry in that it wont give much forward or rearward play.