Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential HW97K damage?

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    that gun advertises 951 fps but with lighweight pellets as weihrauch told me via email. Many reviewers say that after 1000 shots you should expect high 800's and very low 900's if you are lucky
    In America maybe, over here, with normal pellets,that's FAC.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    recoil is not a problem on that gun. It is minimal. i want to get the most i can from power though
    As Flannelmeister says, the real sweet spot for the gun is between 750 and 780 fps with JSB Exacts. This will result in a more accurate gun, and that is more important than absolute power when hunting. My old HW35 only pushes out 10.5FPE and it still has enough power to take vermin at 40yd.

As well as JSB, many Weihrauch guns also like H&N FTT - worth giving them a try to find the most accurate pellet.

Get plenty of practice and make sure you can shoot consistent 25mm kill zone size groups at your hunting range before you go bashing those bunnies.

im from Cyprus mate. th gun is FAC like all guns sold. What fps should i expect from a FAC gun with exacts??

Just cut off a few coils and grind the end flat to detune. You may need a bit of trial and error to get the power just right and the gun achieving its best potential accuracy. It's worth the effort...

Flannelmeister is offline If I'm not on here I'm in the shed
    I cut one more coil off this morning, polished the cut end and fitted a home made piston liner.

I normally drink bottled beer but yesterday bought a tin of lager mostly for the tin to make the liner. It is probably the best piston liner in the world .....

After a couple of test shots in the shed the gun definitely seems smoother and the recoil decreased.

Will have to wait to go to the club on Saturday to put it over the chrono and see how it is shooting properly.
    .177 HW97K
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing