Quote Originally Posted by grouse83 View Post
chairgun would say that a rifle firing aa fields at 11.5ft/lbs at the muzzle would retain roughly 5.5ft/lbs at 60yards which would be ample to penetrate a rabbit skull. If you are good enough to hit it consistently then go for it mate. Everyones limits are different. Or dont be put off from learning to be good enough to take 60yard shots just because somebody else's limit is 40. Just make sure you do it on paper firs.t
there are very few people who can group this good the size of a 10p peice at 60yds with a sub 12 air rifle.

I regularly practice 25mm KZ on a reducer resetter at 55 yds at the club range. I will nock down the mini bird probably 19 out of 20 and reset 9 times out of 10 when I do my bit and I am quite consistant.

This is very different from taking a shot in the field and whilst I would support your encouragement of pushing and testing your marksmanship, it is not proper to give the same advice on live quarry. your range is set by your ability to group not by your desire to push boundaries.

All I am saying is be realistic - field shooting is a very different thing to club practice where you can spend a lot of time getting your eye in and allowing for weather. In the field, its a one shot assessment and it isnt justifiable to take such a risk unless it is a british politician in which case it is fair game