Thread: black powder revolver?

greenshoots Guest

black powder revolver?

ok guys what constitutes a black powder revolver in uk law???.

im after some info...

Muzzle loading, if made pre-1939 it's obsolete caliber and you can keep it as curiosity or ornament, I have a drawer full of them. Post-1939 it's a repro and has to be on FAC, haven't got any of them

greenshoots Guest
    still not giving me what im after... say i got a cartridge revolver frame any frame and had the cylinder converted to blackpowder/nitro would that be uk legal held on a fac....

I'd imagine that if the cylinder was "muzzle loading" and couldn't be loaded with cartridges then you might be ok. That would be the common sense approach anyway.....

However, you might fall into the trap that it was once an S5 pistol and so would always remain classified as such, in the same way as semi auto rifles do, unless deactivated.

I think you need to speak with an RFD or your FLO.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by vi11ain View Post
    However, you might fall into the trap that it was once an S5 pistol and so would always remain classified as such, in the same way as semi auto rifles do, unless deactivated.

I think you're right, frame and barrel would be un-ownable parts of a banned gun.

greenshoots Guest
    ah well ruger old army it has to be then with a cartridge conversion residing abroad.....

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

They've been discontinued

Ruger's site says that the Old Army's been discontinued. No telling what this good company's up to, now that there's no longer a member of the Ruger family involved with operations.

But, there must be a boatload of used models afloat.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

310cadet Guest
    It may be because the ROA is so indestructible that the 2nd hand market is flooded in America which is reducing sales to a level they don't consider them worth making ?

Examine this, chaps:-

http://www.nitromuzzleloaders.co.uk/rugeroldarmy.htm

Looks a good piece of work to me, though 4.3 grs of Unique is a bit wussy...

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

greenshoots Guest
    yes i was after the last one in the list just missed it.....

so if anybody knows of a fixed sight stainless ruger let me know.

viv