Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Target pistols pricey or what

So do I but I'll have to dream about it for now.
    John
    I Wear my Badge I have my Voice Proud to be a BASC Member

Rohm Sport

Excellent quality and accuracy way beyond my abilities but very nice to shoot with, cost is not related to enjoyment I enjoy paper punching with mine just as much as I do with my Weihrauch HW 75. I do not shoot competition just shoot for my own enjoyment.
    If that is overkill and wrong then so be it, I suppose car drivers should all drive Ladas as having anything more expensive is overkill. Interesting to know what cars you drive.
    I don't have a car as I live and travel on my 57ft narrowboat or is that overkill when I could just as easily do the same on a 30 footer.
    As with everything in life get the best you can afford
    ATVB
    Ian
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction!

Buy a FN8 and you`ve got a 20 metre pistol than can be converted into a full power carbine in minutes. Or a Rohm trainer for under £300, 8 shots if you fancy just plinking, plus if you can outshoot a trainer then you NEED a serious target pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by spasor View Post
    Buy a FN8 and you've got a 20 metre pistol than can be converted into a full power carbine in minutes.
    do you mean an fn8 action at 12ft.lbs. in a shoulder stock?

if so you are in possession of an illegal firearm.
    its still legally regarded as a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    do you mean an fn8 action at 12ft.lbs. in a shoulder stock?

if so you are in possession of an illegal firearm.
    its still legally regarded as a pistol.
    http://www.alansairrifles.co.uk/falcon.htm Down the page is the FN8 carbine, it`s a FN8 action in a shoulder stock? If you drop the power to under 6ftlbs (swop the carbine spring for a pistol spring and adjust tension) and replace the `shoulder stock` with a pistol grip what is illegal about that?

Quote Originally Posted by spasor View Post
    http://www.alansairrifles.co.uk/falcon.htm Down the page is the FN8 carbine, it`s a FN8 action in a shoulder stock? If you drop the power to under 6ftlbs (swop the carbine spring for a pistol spring and adjust tension) and replace the `shoulder stock` with a pistol grip what is illegal about that?
    if under 6ft.lb. its ok

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Excellent quality and accuracy way beyond my abilities but very nice to shoot with, cost is not related to enjoyment I enjoy paper punching with mine just as much as I do with my Weihrauch HW 75. I do not shoot competition just shoot for my own enjoyment.
    If that is overkill and wrong then so be it, I suppose car drivers should all drive Ladas as having anything more expensive is overkill. Interesting to know what cars you drive.
    I don't have a car as I live and travel on my 57ft narrowboat or is that overkill when I could just as easily do the same on a 30 footer.
    As with everything in life get the best you can afford
    ATVB
    Ian
    Ian, when I said overkill, I didn't mean to imply that it is wrong, only that the expensive small amount of extra accuracy is not really an advantage for most shooters. I will be the first to say how satisfying it is to own, handle and use a fine piece of engineering. Present car is a Picasso 1.6hdi; it does everything I need in a very pleasant way and frankly I wouldn't have another Porsche if I won the lottery! Also agreed on the 57ft boat rather than 30; I prefer my 4 bed house to a 2, but I still wouldn't splash out a grand on a pistol unless I could shoot at at least National level and it was the only remaining avenue to improve. Just my thoughts!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Ian, when I said overkill, I didn't mean to imply that it is wrong, only that the expensive small amount of extra accuracy is not really an advantage for most shooters. I will be the first to say how satisfying it is to own, handle and use a fine piece of engineering. Present car is a Picasso 1.6hdi; it does everything I need in a very pleasant way and frankly I wouldn't have another Porsche if I won the lottery! Also agreed on the 57ft boat rather than 30; I prefer my 4 bed house to a 2, but I still wouldn't splash out a grand on a pistol unless I could shoot at at least National level and it was the only remaining avenue to improve. Just my thoughts!
    Good points well made. As you say we all have personal preferences, and when it comes to guns I enjoy using the best I can afford, as to accuracy I now know the variation in grouping is down to me and not the gun, perhaps it's a confidence thing. Thats also why I shoot an AA EV2. Sheer enjoyment, and I don't shoot comps. Just for fun. I get just as much enjoyment from my Harrier X.
    I would have liked to have driven a Porsche but my my wife wouldn't let me drive the the one I bought for her.
    Regards
    Ian
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction!

Sharpshoot1995 Guest
    as you'll see in my comment i've got a walther CPM-1 and i got that for £250 secondhand and that was used in the olympics so ask about at your gun club
    Sharpshoot