Thread: Perccussion caps

Perccussion caps

Does any one have any used percussion caps ,to protect my Colt Navy pistol,so i can dry fire it will pay for post

cheers leadman

Could send some live caps and you could deactivate them, I think soaking in oil does it. Used ones tend to be rather distorted and corrosive

310cadet Guest
    You could put a bit of thick electrical tape over the end of each nipple, or simply take the nipples out so you don't peen them.

If your pistol is set up correctly the hammer wont touch the nipples, there should be a few thou clearance when the hammer is down. The hammer should stop against the bottom of the recess in the frame. You can dry fire if it is set up like this but it is better if you put a thin piece of cork or rubber in the recess.
    Daz

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    If your pistol is set up correctly the hammer wont touch the nipples, there should be a few thou clearance when the hammer is down. The hammer should stop against the bottom of the recess in the frame. You can dry fire if it is set up like this but it is better if you put a thin piece of cork or rubber in the recess.
    Daz

Thanks everyone for the info robinghewitt you have pm

cheers leadman

I know this is an old post but i thought this might help. You can cut small pieces of plastic tubing and slip them over the nipples for dry fire practice. You can use the tubing from the disposable oxygen masks from hospitals or tubing for aquariums. The same tubing is also good for flush kits for BP rifles and making capers BP revolvers.

Mike
    Last edited by 51colt; 27-09-2008 at 05:08 PM.