Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Power Pistol Competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Mark

Not determined the height, so it can be at any height that is safe. I suppose.

The top two targets (A , B) are two handed & bottom two (C , D) are one handed.

Are you in the comp?

Regards
    Paddy.
    Lo Pad,I ask because on the pistol comp that pollthedog is running which was 6yds or 10 mtrs depending on safe ranges 10 mtrs you had the bullseye 1.4 mtrs off the ground or there abouts so with the 6 yrd targets do you think you would set the centre of the target card to the same height (1.4mtrs)for this compBy the way yes please put my name downare we allowed to shoot more than one pistol and I don't mean at the same time 'Billy the kid' style

Quote Originally Posted by targetmark View Post
    Lo Pad,I ask because on the pistol comp that pollthedog is running which was 6yds or 10 mtrs depending on safe ranges 10 mtrs you had the bullseye 1.4 mtrs off the ground or there abouts so with the 6 yrd targets do you think you would set the centre of the target card to the same height (1.4mtrs)for this compBy the way yes please put my name downare we allowed to shoot more than one pistol and I don't mean at the same time 'Billy the kid' style
    Hi Mark.

If you want to use two guns seperatly then I don't mind submitting two scores.

I've done a score sheet on excel that has all the criteria of name, gun used, target score & total score. >>Test Score Sheet<<

As for height I shall check my firing range, if I can do that, until then I think it's best just being the target in the safest place.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Can we post May scores yet?

Is it OK to post May scores yet?

If so, I did, with a Beeman P3 single-stroke pneumatic .177 with H&N wadcutters:

2-handed, 30 and 33
    1-handed, 24 and 25 =

112 / 200 (worse than I did all-one-handed on Polly's competition! )

If not: then it gives me more time to practice!

But in all seriousness, I need a heavier pistol: I just can't hold that plastic piece steady enough to score well with it.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 19-04-2008 at 09:10 PM.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Gunslinger style!

Quote Originally Posted by targetmark View Post
    are we allowed to shoot more than one pistol and I don't mean at the same time 'Billy the kid' style
    Believe it or not, in Cowboy Action Shooting, that is an accepted category, called Gunslinger.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

If so, I did, with a Beeman P3 single-stroke pneumatic .177 with H&N wadcutters:

2-handed, 30 and 33
    1-handed, 24 and 25 =

Jim

I know we are in a different time line, I didn't know it was that way ahead

Only joking.

It's the first week in May, so you've got another 10 days. What I was thinking is PM me the scores & once I've got all scores I'll make it public. Gives it abit more suspence

What do you reckon

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

It's the first week in May, so you've got another 10 days. What I was thinking is PM me the scores & once I've got all scores I'll make it public. Gives it abit more suspence.

Sounds good to me paddy, like a bit suspence now and again.

Shot a card yesterday definatley getting better one handed, i was surprised when shooting at 6 yards i didn't have to change my sights from 10m is this normal, or is my eye sight worse than i thought and they where ll lucky shots

keep those pellets flying boys.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

But in all seriousness, I need a heavier pistol: I just can't hold that plastic piece steady enough to score well with it.

Hi Jim before buying a new pistol or adding wieght to your muzzle try this, get your self 12" of fishing line and a tub of lead fishing wieghts, loop and tie off the line and add wieghts to the line and loop over the muzzle so it pulls the end down, keep adding wieght until it shoots the way you want. it's a cheap option to find out the wieght required, once you know the wieght you can add it permanatley inside the muzzle.

buying a heavier pistol doesn't mean you will hold it steady, and can even have the reverse affect IMHO

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Hi Jim before buying a new pistol or adding wieght to your muzzle try this, get your self 12" of fishing line and a tub of lead fishing wieghts, loop and tie off the line and add wieghts to the line and loop over the muzzle so it pulls the end down, keep adding wieght until it shoots the way you want. it's a cheap option to find out the wieght required, once you know the wieght you can add it permanatley inside the muzzle.

buying a heavier pistol doesn't mean you will hold it steady, and can even have the reverse affect IMHO

Jason
    Hmmm....never thought that more weight might have the reverse effect.

A problem is that the pistol cocks from the top, hinges from the front: anything attached to the muzzle would probably have to be duct-taped to the lower part of the muzzle housing, or it would interfere with cocking.

Thanks for the idea!

How would I add weight permanently inside the muzzle?

Jim

Daylight time?

I know we are in a different time line, I didn't know it was that way ahead

Only joking.

It's the first week in May, so you've got another 10 days. What I was thinking is PM me the scores & once I've got all scores I'll make it public. Gives it abit more suspence

What do you reckon

Regards
    Paddy.
    This all came about because I'm in the New World.

Or maybe because you don't have Daylight Savings Time!

Cheers!

Jim

This all came about because I'm in the New World.

Or maybe because you don't have Daylight Savings Time!

Cheers!

Jim
    We do have daylight, but hardly any sunshine. But you're not still 10 days ahead of us

Regards
    Paddy.

p.s If you want me to submit them scores, I will do.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Jim
    I thought this comp. was for pistols that went "Boing" or "Twang", not "pump, pump, Phuut"

Cos' on first go I 'aint never gonna compete at this kinda level....
    First practice today totalled 41

But it was windy, and my sights were originally set for 15 yards, and i was feelin' kinda low and then the tortoise came haring past & put me off...

I've been practicing today with the 6 yard targets for the first time and best I can manage at the moment is lower 30's one handed with the HW40...but I am trying to shoot with both eyes open for the first time and I think I'm getting there...
    Just agreed to buy an Original Mod 6 today so hopefully have that in time to try for the May competition.
    Eric.

hi lads been busy of late , i was to get a hw45 today from a chap on here but he said he was to lazy the day to meet me , hmmm so i bought myself a s410k thumbhole to cheer myself up lol, we've just started a airgun club here in east lothian hence the purchase. so i'll try get a pistol in the near future but you chaps have fun the now

atb jamie

Springers OR Pnuematics

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I thought this comp. was for pistols that went "Boing" or "Twang", not "pump, pump, Phuut"
    As I recall, it's for springers and single stroke pneumatics.

Mine's an SSP, so it goes "pump, Phuut", not "pump, pump, Phuut".

Jim

Hmmm....never thought that more weight might have the reverse effect.

A problem is that the pistol cocks from the top, hinges from the front: anything attached to the muzzle would probably have to be duct-taped to the lower part of the muzzle housing, or it would interfere with cocking.

Thanks for the idea!

How would I add weight permanently inside the muzzle?

Jim
    When you open the the pistol as if you are cocking it ,at the front of the pistols body where it pivots is several small square appertures,I put fishing weights in these held in with blu tacnot a very refined job but it worked in calming down the slight flip I got when shooting my HW40 which in all sense and purposes is the same pistol
    HTH
    MARK..