Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wanted crossman m1 carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Hey, Dr K! Did you ever find a Hammerli Model 42?
    No. Never seen, never heared of an owner, although I have talked with a very ot of coellectors and dealers. No collector has ever seen one or heared of s.b. who owns it, Hämmerli itself too. The only known written mentioning of this model is in the Airgun-book by Walter p.121 in the brief description of model 420. I believe now that this is a misunderstanding of Walter and the mod.42A did never exist.

I think I saw a picture of one on an Airgun World that I sold recently. I can try to find the date of it if you like.
    Meanwhile I have to see the pic until I believe in it´s existing.

It is similar to but not the same as the model 420 Military stock, of which there seem to be two variants.
    Two variants of the 420? All 420 I have seen are looking identical.

The one shown in the picture had the cylinder end cap exposed
    You mean: The front (front-sight) end of the cylinder was not covered by the stock?

and there seemed to be a SAFETY on the side of the pistol grip
    Left or rigt? What kind of safety, if visual?

colour of the stock was white.
    Could also be an individual modification.

It cannot be that difficult to get hold of an original M1 carbine magazine, a real one,
    Of course not!

and convert it for the airgun. Millions and millions of these .30 rifles were made and there must have been four or five mags for each one, so there must be gazillions out there. I nearly bought a Crosman M1 in 1979 (£27 was it?)
    And so you know the M-1-magazine is significant smaller as the real M1-magazine and has somewaht like noses on the top so that it fit into the magazine-slot. When cutting the stock it could be possible to mount an original M1-magazine but we need not talk about thing collectors never do ...

but thought it a bit low-power
    Yes. It is only a nice object for collectors - not really for use.

and BBs are just plain dangerous to shoot with.... oh well it would be worth a million pounds now...
    :-)) I doubt that one will pay more than 200 pounds ...

Regards, Dr.K.

i have one

pm'ed you

You have PM

Ted

thanks for all the responce have bought one at last, wont be selling this one
    Hw110k,hw35e,pp700,750, , crossman 776 ,2200 magnum,140, 1077,m1 carbine, 1377,fn8 lighthunter,Sheridan blue streak, Sharp ace , Sharp innova, tx200hc,weblry premier,yunker2,1999 makerov, Baikal drozd

Crosman M-1

JG Airguns offers a solid plastic magazine that even has the original red Crosman sticker on it for $33.00 US and Bryan and Assoc has one for $21.00 without the sticker. They have an M-1 posted right now in their used gun section that comes with the original box and all paperwork in excellent condition, Croswood stock, for $285.00. A little steep but if you're collecting it's probably worth it.

Crosman M1 Carbine

Hi.

I have one of these BB rifles.

It is in full working order, has its original magazine and, unfortunately, a plastic stock. the metalwork does show some signs of wear, though.

I could be persuaded to part with it - at the right price, of course.

PM me with an offer if you are interested.

Overlord.