Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wanted crossman m1 carbine

wanted crossman m1 carbine

as above looking for a crossman m1 bb carbine with magazine, preferably wood stock or plastic
    Hw110k,hw35e,pp700,750, , crossman 776 ,2200 magnum,140, 1077,m1 carbine, 1377,fn8 lighthunter,Sheridan blue streak, Sharp ace , Sharp innova, tx200hc,weblry premier,yunker2,1999 makerov, Baikal drozd

to the top
    Hw110k,hw35e,pp700,750, , crossman 776 ,2200 magnum,140, 1077,m1 carbine, 1377,fn8 lighthunter,Sheridan blue streak, Sharp ace , Sharp innova, tx200hc,weblry premier,yunker2,1999 makerov, Baikal drozd

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think Kingplinker has one of these.
    Unhappily I think it is the only one I have ever heard of.
    The Sussex Armoury used to sell them way back in '79 and '80 but I never saw one 'in the plastic'.
    I think they must have been scooped up by WW2 re-enactors.

Good luck with your search.

thanks for your reply ill pm him

Kingplinker Guest
    Not me i'm afraid but I know what you are talking about , have a read here :

Moving forward to 1966, the Crosman Corporation fielded the M1 Carbine. Every bit as realistic as Daisy's Spittin' Image line, Crosman poured a lot of thought into this model.

The Crosman M1 Carbine is their model 350 BB gun action installed in a redesigned stock, plus sights and other diecast metalwork applied to the outside. It features the following:

° "Magazine" is really a detachable BB reservoir
    ° 23-shot gravity-fed magazine
    ° Realistic adjustable sights
    ° Wooden stock for first two years of production

This separate "magazine" is often misplaced, so it commands a high price. They complete the gun's appearance so well that collectors have remolded them in solid plastic just to complete those guns now missing their originals.

The rear sight adjusts exactly the same as the sight on the later model M1 Carbine. It gives a feeling of extra precision that really isn't there.

No bayonet lug was ever installed, which was a good decision. Daisy learned about bayonets on BB guns during World War I, when their model 40 military rifle was supplied with a toy bayonet. Kids couldn't resist the temptation to use them, causing moms to dispose of most of them.

The Crosman carbine has a powerplant mechanism that seems to be unique in all the BB gun world. Instead of the more common Daisy-style catapult/spring piston hybrid, this gun uses a regular piston with a poppet valve that allows air pressure to build up to the point that it blows the poppet open with an explosive burst. It works very well.

For the first two years, the gun had a hardwood stock and upper handguard. After that they used a plastic they called "Croswood." It has a grained surface and a uniform brown color. Crosman claimed it looked real, but most collectors can spot one 20 feet away. The wood guns are valued more highly by both airgun and M1 Carbine collectors.

A nice wood-stocked M1 Carbine may bring 50 percent more than a similar gun in Croswood. Both must have an original magazine and be in working condition with lots of original finish to command good prices.

atvb

Dave

cheers kingplinker for your reply you read the same review i did, im looking for one for my mid life crisis collection ,of all the guns i bought when younger and broke ,sold ,and gave away .
    this is the last one then i can stop spending (possibly)

Kingplinker Guest
    Heres a nice pic of one

good luck with the search mate

Dave

thanks for the photo not bad looking for a plastic stock

And another.

if thats yours how much

to the top

I've been looking for one too; only seen one is plastic once in two years.
    Erma did a .22LR; another classic but for the Section One.

It's not terribly difficult to source them in the States, although some variants will remain elusive.

Here is one for sale now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    This separate "magazine" is often misplaced, so it commands a high price. They complete the gun's appearance so well that collectors have remolded them in solid plastic just to complete those guns now missing their originals.
    There is no source for remolded magazines. I have tried to find a commercial source for some dozends replica but the interest of M-1-owner was so low that I could not get a reasonable price (the minimum no. had to be 50). So the only way is to make replica individual, what can be done with wood in some hours (when the exact measures of the original and pics are given).

No bayonet lug was ever installed, which was a good decision. Daisy learned about bayonets on BB guns during World War I, when their model 40 military rifle was supplied with a toy bayonet. Kids couldn't resist the temptation to use them, causing moms to dispose of most of them.
    I doubt that this was the reason. Because the cocking is done by pressing/pushing the barrel backwards it is not possible to mount a bayonet lug on the barrel - as it is done at the original M1.

For the first two years, the gun had a hardwood stock and upper handguard. After that they used a plastic they called "Croswood." It has a grained surface and a uniform brown color. Crosman claimed it looked real, but most collectors can spot one 20 feet away.
    Sorry, but 20 feet away you can not see if Croswood or Wood - with exception of reflections by light or else. A collector can identify the model because of the different shape of the stock: E.g. the wooden stock has rounded edges and looks more "slim".

The wood guns are valued more highly by both airgun and M1 Carbine collectors.
    IF they can choice between both. The fact is that the M-1 is very rare meanwhile and one can happy to get the chance buying one.

A nice wood-stocked M1 Carbine may bring 50 percent more than a similar gun in Croswood. Both must have an original magazine and be in working condition with lots of original finish to command good prices.
    :-))) I doubt that only one specimen in this condition does exist. I don´t know the exact reason but the material used for the metal parts (with exception of the barrel itself) likes to turn it´s color into a more or less light gray only by time. I don´t know what material is used - but I know that it is not iron or steel. There is no way of "blueing" it.

Greeting, Dr.K.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Hey, Dr K! Did you ever find a Hammerli Model 42? I think I saw a picture of one on an Airgun World that I sold recently. I can try to find the date of it if you like. It is similar to but not the same as the model 420 Military stock, of which there seem to be two variants. The one shown in the picture had the cylinder end cap exposed and there seemed to be a SAFETY on the side of the pistol grip - colour of the stock was white.

It cannot be that difficult to get hold of an original M1 carbine magazine, a real one, and convert it for the airgun. Millions and millions of these .30 rifles were made and there must have been four or five mags for each one, so there must be gazillions out there. I nearly bought a Crosman M1 in 1979 (£27 was it?) but thought it a bit low-power and BBs are just plain dangerous to shoot with.... oh well it would be worth a million pounds now...