Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maximun Legal barrel length of Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    there is NO legal way to own a handgun in the UK.
    Not quite true. You can get a two-shot revolver for humane dispatch if you're doing something like deer stalking that might require it. In theory you can get a two-shot semi-auto too but they're frowned on as the only difference is the magazine and it's easy to source a standard one from abroad.

Jonathan

Legal Handgun

Snapshot
    Thanks for the info, but I think you will find that these guns will be listed as "Humane Killers" or some such definition. it's all down to wording. As I said before you can get a "short barreled rifle" which is a long barreled pistol style gun with rearward extensions (usualy in the form of a counterballance for the extended barrel) which takes it over the minimum overall length for a handgun. So what you get is a long barrel pistol weighted and balanced to compensate for the barrel.
    On a different tack you can actualy legaly buy and use an 1851 Colt Navy Carbine (Buntline Special to wild west fans) since it is a black powder revolver and these are deemed licencable (probably because of the restrictions imposed by use of black powder and the time it takes to reload). Replicas of these will cost around £150:00 from Henry Krank. http://www.henrykrank.com With a very deep pocket you could possibly get an orignal. You still need a FAC and additional storage for the black powder.

I know - I work for a section 5 RFD.

Ah Ha!
    So how is my interpretation of the act?
    Aaaand now we know who to ask about the act.
    Target Bunny
    Last edited by Target Bunny; 15-06-2008 at 04:15 PM.