Thread: Teaching the young 'uns.

Teaching the young 'uns.

Purchased a Walther P990 spring 6mm BB pistol a couple of weeks ago and took my 7 years old grandson into the garden this evening and taught him the basics of pistol shooting with a plastic bottle at 5 yards....safety glasses were worn!!!.
    He absolutely loved it and took in all the safety side with a totally serious attitude that only kids can do....don't you just love 'em..lol!
    Incidentally...he was a good shot...my 13 year old daughter had a go and was just like dad...cr@p!!!...lol!!!...major sulk!!!!...
    Eric.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Good on you, spending good time with the kids and helping our sport build for the future.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Top Man,

Looks like you have a future HFT champ on your hands
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Quote Originally Posted by GunRun View Post
    Give him a gat and tell him if he can hit the bullseye at 10m you will give him a fiver
    Could be costly!. Even though, when I had a GAT in the 1950s, I couldn't hit the coalhouse door at ten yards. but fifty years on whilst playing for the first time with my new HW75, I was doing quite well and getting gradually closer to the Bull, when she who must be obeyed said "can I have go" Which she has never ever done before, in fact she doesn't like guns and as far as I Know has never fired one. So I thought, why not?
    Guess where the pellet struck the target! YES !!! slap bang in the middle.
    She gave me the gun back saying "I don't Know what the fuss is about" and has not touched the gun since. This is not a tall story it actually happened BLESS HER.

Great to hear of children being encouraged to appreciate air guns!
    Ian
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction!