Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anschutz LG250 damper unit refurb

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    That seal behind the damper is rubber on mine. How thick did you make the replacement rubber, you remember?
    About ATF oil, there are a LOT of different ATF oils...Shame anschutz doesn't state which is bést.
    Did you order the steel piston seal from anschutz? Or made one yrself?
    Thnx again..
    Hello again.

Re the seal behind the damper, I've just remembered that after making up one myself I managed to find a factory replacement seal which I never fitted (I think it's that seal anyway...). It is made of quite hard plastic and is 26mm in diameter, has a central hole 18mm in diameter, and is 2mm thick. Hope that helps.

I was advised to use red transmission oil in the damper and I just bought the first one I came across. It seems to work a treat.

I did order the steel piston seal from Anschutz. I think it was actually for an LG380 but they are identical to the one on the An250.

Looking through my spares box I discovered that I do have one spare pair of damper seals which I will send to you (free) if you let me have your address by PM.

How did you lube yr 250?\
    Manual says grease on the spring, ok, but what about the rest? Did you grease the ratchet and steel piston seal etc as well? Or used oil?
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    How did you lube yr 250?\
    Manual says grease on the spring, ok, but what about the rest? Did you grease the ratchet and steel piston seal etc as well? Or used oil?
    I did use a little moly on the moving parts but very little in the cylinder, with just the tiniest smear on the piston ring. It seems to have worked well enough. I think I followed advice that I read on lubes for an FWB300S.

After rebuilding my 250, it still leaked. Or, I'd better say, leaked agáin..1 of the damperseals had come loose?! So I strongly advise to glue them when rebuilding to avoid this. Be aware to use oil proof glue and glue that doesnt eat the seals!
    I sééms ok now, as far as I can tell. Still awaiting results in the 'standing in the cabinet-test' to show any oil leaks.
    I does still have that 'rattle'though, when cocking. Like the FWB300 has too, sounds like some antibear trap.
    I didnt have the rattle when I first cocked it first shots after rebuilt. However, than I stopped halfway the cockingcycle once to relocate my hand. I héard the antibeartrap kick in. Since than, the rattle's back during cocking..Probably it sticks?? I already had this befóre rebuilding and my previous 1 had it too.
    ATB,
    yana