Thread: Valuation of scopes

TrevorBranford Guest

Valuation of scopes

Hi,
    I am looking for a valuation on the following three scopes. All three are in very good condition in every respect as can be seen from the photos. Any related information / suggestions much appreciated.

1, Optima 3-9 x 45 Moonlighter
    2, Beeman Blue Ribbon 2.5 x 16
    3, Beeman Blue Ribbon 2.5 x 16

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Those Beemans go for over £100 and the Optima is a classic of its time, the first super-scope for airgunners!

Quite a cache/catch for the collectors, of course things go for what people are willing to pay, if you do a search you might find some info, although they are all rare items. I'd love one of the Beemans but I don't think I can afford one.

With total respect to Hsing-ee I think the Beeman scopes might be worth a little less than £100. Two have sold on here quite recently, for about £50 and £70 I think it was. Of the three Beeman short scopes the SS1 with fixed objective is probably worth least, thought it is very nice and light. An SS2 or SS3 would be easily worth £100+.

That Moonlighter is luvverly.

Hello,
    i bought a 3-9x45 moonlighter on here for last year. i paid 55 pounds for it including mounts but it isnt the parallax adjustable model. i thought it wasnt cheap but then again it was a fair price to both parties.
    as for the other two, if you let them go for nearer to 50quid mark i would like first refusal of one of them please.
    all the very best when you do decide to sell them. Dave

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I'll have a Beeman for £50 if that's the price!

I was mistaken, the last SS1 on here sold for £30.

Stop this reverse-auction madness! He'll be paying people to take them away at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Stop this reverse-auction madness! He'll be paying people to take them away at this rate.
    Then if he bungs me a tenner i'll have that Moonlighter!

The Moonlighters can go for as little as £25 in worn but working condition, a good 'un could command £60+?
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Scopes

Your best bet is to ask for more than anyone suggests. If someone really really wants it, they will buy it. If it doesn't sell, drop the price.

Moonlighter

One Of These Sold On The Other Forum For £45, If You Come Up With A Price , Can I Have 1st Dibs Please, Cheers Roll

TrevorBranford Guest
    Hi,
    Thanks for all the advice.

Trev