Thread: MTC Mamba 4-16X50 SCB

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well I shot the Codnor HFT today with the Mamba on top of my GML 400 and I really liked it.Its not any clearer than my Japanese Tasco, as I kept checking the one on my daughters gun at different targets to compare.

But it did seem to have a bigger sight picture and the real bonus is the reticle.
    I did drop one shot though when I didnt realise that I was using the centre cross in stead of the first full horizontal for 45 yards,silly mistake that I might have done with my old scope.
    Overall I think its a keeper,I dont think you will get better glass unless it is top end european or very high quality Japanese,and then you'll be hard pushed to see a major difference,and to be honest I dont want £500 scopes on my gun really.
    I think the only other scope that I would consider other than a Mamba is the Lightstream FFP and they are nearly double new price.

So Its a good scope all round and I agree with everything Armbands has said.
    BASC

For anyone with a Mamba, do they "white out" in the same way as the Viper does or can you move your eye a fair bit before you lose the sight picture? Want a scope with minimal risk of parallax error!

I thought that they were the same glass,
    just different turrets.
    BASC

..so did I. And I have both the Viper and Mamba 4-16.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    ..so did I. And I have both the Viper and Mamba 4-16.
    I'm was looking at getting a MTC Viper 4-16 x 50. So are the Viper and Mamba identical in all respects other than the turrets?

Cheers,

SG
    Daystate Air Ranger .177/MTC Viper 4-16x50
    Air-Arms S410 Carbine .177/MTC Viper 10x44
    Air-Arms Pro-Sport .177/Nikko Stirling 3-9x40

Hi SG

I think there are the same but I am not back at home until Tues. I can have a look then and let you know.

Why not contact Sammie - on here as 'Sammie' or give her a ring on Monday @ MTC.

Apart from the turrets and a related issue, the IR control -on the Viper it is on the 3rd/PA 'turret' while in the Mamba it is at the rear on top of the scope and is operated by 2 buttons rather than the more usual knob. It is also removeable on the Mamba.

But I think the glass is the same.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

SG
    Daystate Air Ranger .177/MTC Viper 4-16x50
    Air-Arms S410 Carbine .177/MTC Viper 10x44
    Air-Arms Pro-Sport .177/Nikko Stirling 3-9x40