Thread: MTC Mamba 4-16X50 SCB

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regarding the IR illumination on the Mamba.
    How, in terms of reliabilty have folk found it to be as one or two folk have mentioned theirs not working.
    Yes I do know that Gary and Sammie will sort out any problems that might happen.
    Graham
    Designer of BASC Logo

Quote Originally Posted by manxteddy View Post
    Regarding the IR illumination on the Mamba.
    How, in terms of reliabilty have folk found it to be as one or two folk have mentioned theirs not working.
    Yes I do know that Gary and Sammie will sort out any problems that might happen.
    Graham
    There is a new design out, all new Mambas going into the shops have locked on IR modules. The problem was that in about 7% of scopes the friction fitting contact pins were not tight enough leading to contact problems.
    We were assured by the factory that the V2 version would solve it, it didn't. Therefore I asked for a design change, the IR module now has 2 allen bolts running through it and is as solid as a very solid thing.
    The 93% of scopes that were good have continued to be so.

Job's a good 'un now.

There's Glasnost for you

Thanks for the info on the scopes Mr Shady.
    The Mamba is a lovely scope and I particuarly like the SCB Reticule on my .223.
    If just the floating cross was illuminated that would be the cherry on the icing but perhaps it's not feasable.
    Thanks again
    Graham
    Designer of BASC Logo