Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MTC Mamba 4-16X50 SCB

SCB 4-16X50.
    The IR Unit is now perminately fixed 'glued on ' by manufacturer.
    Bought mine at the Midland Gamefair 08.
    The click adjustments do dislay some slight movement and are very quiet in operation. Is this the norm ?
    Just been zeroing on my Tikka T3 Hunter in Optiloc Mounts.
    Scope is nice and clear with a little whiting out with the sun behind me.
    Not bothered with the lenscovers or sunshade at the moment .
    Graham
    Designer of BASC Logo

i had a look through a few scopes today two burris fullfields a rickter optics and the mamba ....... if it was me buying my new scope instead of my good lady i would've plumped for the burris fullfield 2.5-10x50 with the ballastic plex but at £375 it went back in the box ... i'm settling for the mamba but i'll have to wait as my birthday aint until sunday 21 again
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

MTC MAMBA Vs FALCON MENACE

Hi guy's, read all the above with great interest and I must say I looked through my mates Mamba the other night under the red filter whilst rat shooting, very impressed, how would the Falcon Menace compare as I have not had the chance to look through one yet. Im looking at buying a new scope with IR but do I want to get the same as my mate? If its the best VFM yes I will. Please vent you views Cheers Terry

Cannot speak for the Menace, but I did own a Falcon Merlin and it was a very good scope. The only significant downside for me was optically in certain circumstances: if the sun was in front or to the side a little, the light bouncing off my eye's cornea would be reflected into the eyepiece lens, then reflect back at you in a rather annoying manner. Not massively serious, but annoying. I've changed my cornea.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

mamba

really good for the price, clear optics....and full sight picture....good review
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

just picked my mamba up from the shop cant wait to try it out now......gotta find time ........gotta find time
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Mamba

Just cos ya mates got one doesn,t mean to say you shouldn,t have one.
    Whether you,ll be able to use it as well as ya mate is a different issue.

Yeeeee... Haaaaaaaah

Mates Mamba

Hi Ady, I have been out with my mate today and whilst I am shooting using a BSA baked bean can scope I dont seem too flustered, the BSA I have as great clarity and holds zero very well and the mil dot reticule is easy to get on with if it had IR I would stay with it. Cheers T

Yaroooooooooooooooh

Bean can

I thought you were using a bean can.

Mamba

Ho sorry mate my mistake, the way you were shooting I thought you had borrowed it
    Bubba when I get home Im gonna kick your mamas ass. Why Daddy. Cos son, sure as hell, you never came from my loins.

Regarding the IR illumination on the Mamba.
    How, in terms of reliabilty have folk found it to be as one or two folk have mentioned theirs not working.
    Yes I do know that Gary and Sammie will sort out any problems that might happen.
    Graham
    Designer of BASC Logo

Quote Originally Posted by manxteddy View Post
    Regarding the IR illumination on the Mamba.
    How, in terms of reliabilty have folk found it to be as one or two folk have mentioned theirs not working.
    Yes I do know that Gary and Sammie will sort out any problems that might happen.
    Graham
    There is a new design out, all new Mambas going into the shops have locked on IR modules. The problem was that in about 7% of scopes the friction fitting contact pins were not tight enough leading to contact problems.
    We were assured by the factory that the V2 version would solve it, it didn't. Therefore I asked for a design change, the IR module now has 2 allen bolts running through it and is as solid as a very solid thing.
    The 93% of scopes that were good have continued to be so.

Job's a good 'un now.

There's Glasnost for you

Thanks for the info on the scopes Mr Shady.
    The Mamba is a lovely scope and I particuarly like the SCB Reticule on my .223.
    If just the floating cross was illuminated that would be the cherry on the icing but perhaps it's not feasable.
    Thanks again
    Graham
    Designer of BASC Logo