Thread: Record Jumbo

Record Jumbo

Hello,

I am about to buy a standard model and have a few questions.

Can any one tell me the difference between the deluxe model and the standard please? Also I have read that a bit of remedial work may need to be carried out to improve performance and longevity. Can anyone give me any help and ideas on what I should do?

Cheers

The deluxe had different grips and an adjustable rearsight. There were a few varieties of grips made, slab-sided with diamond-cut chequering, smooth but curvy, more anatomical, and curvy and stippled ones too.

Fun little pistols, if it is very dry you might find that the screws across the rear of the action that hold the breech plug in might have corroded, which can in turn weaken the cylinder around the breech. A mild thread sealer or oil or grease on the screws should prevent this though.

The main thing with these is to not dry fire them, the cylinder, breech and piston are all alloy castings that can be weakened or even cracked by dry-firing. The spring, piston and barrel (which goes through the spring and piston like a spring guide) all benefit from moly paste treatment, a bit of moly grease on the spring makes them a bit quieter and smoother too.

Cheers Rob,

I am getting the standard model. Just waiting for it to arrive. Now all I need is to find a Vulcan Deluxe or a Tracker Deluxe an I will be a happy man. My other half on the other hand....
    Last edited by Snoop; 20-04-2008 at 08:26 AM.