Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Power Multishot

Full Power Multishot

Following on from my last post,
    I have been looking for different multishots. have found guns I've never even heard of. Could people post with makes/models of multishots that are as close to full power as makes a differance.

I will find the perfect pistol

Ok. maybe there is no such thing as the perfect pistol.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Falcon FN6 or 8 Raptor

But the mags are poor

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Falcon FN6 or 8 Raptor

But the mags are poor

Cheers

John
    I disagree..I think that "poor" is harsh. I've had Falcon Raptors but in rifle versions, and whilst I accept the mags are a little agricultural compared to other makes, they still cycled faultlessly for many thousands of pellets, which is all that counts at the end of the day.

If you're after full power and multishot then i guess Falcon is the way ahead, value for money wise........unless you've got deep pockets and go FX Ranchero.

Quote Originally Posted by fok View Post
    I disagree..I think that "poor" is harsh. I've had Falcon Raptors but in rifle versions, and whilst I accept the mags are a little agricultural compared to other makes, they still cycled faultlessly for many thousands of pellets, which is all that counts at the end of the day.

If you're after full power and multishot then i guess Falcon is the way ahead, value for money wise........unless you've got deep pockets and go FX Ranchero.
    I was being generous when I said poor they are appaling!

2 of my 3 jam consistently, by not having the hole alligned when cycled causing pellet damage and pellets to enter the breech instead of the barrel if you are not careful.

I am in the process of making a single shot tray because they are so useless.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!

Well..., if you really wanted to "push the Boat out", how about a Steyr LP50?. They're five shot self loaders, so about the best you can purchase.
    Obviously terribly expensive though and rather hard to find. Value wise, an uprated Rohm would do nicely.

2 of my 3 jam consistently, by not having the hole alligned when cycled causing pellet damage and pellets to enter the breech instead of the barrel if you are not careful.

Cheers

John
    Sounds to me like they could be worn....do the grooves in the centre drive look ?
    I had one old mag that wasn't the best, but the others that had good grooves never missed a beat.
    Surely getting good mags will be a whole lot easier than making a single shot tray? What's the point in a multi shot pistol with a single shot tray?

Not having a pop.....just trying to share experience.

Thumbs up

Crosman CR600

Quote Originally Posted by fok View Post
    Sounds to me like they could be worn....do the grooves in the centre drive look ?
    I had one old mag that wasn't the best, but the others that had good grooves never missed a beat.
    Surely getting good mags will be a whole lot easier than making a single shot tray? What's the point in a multi shot pistol with a single shot tray?

Not having a pop.....just trying to share experience.
    No problem

My 1 new mag is ok, but not briliant, and the age of the others unknown.

The tray job is for reliability in pistol HFT comps due to pellet danage risks. The pellets also seem to fall out too and if I could sort out the indexing they would still need machineing to add an O-ring, like on the Daystate mags, to keep them in place.

It will only take me an hour by hand to make one with hand tools anyway

Cheers

John

No problem
    My 1 new mag is ok, but not briliant, and the age of the others unknown.
    The tray job is for reliability in pistol HFT comps due to pellet danage risks. The pellets also seem to fall out too and if I could sort out the indexing they would still need machineing to add an O-ring, like on the Daystate mags, to keep them in place.
    It will only take me an hour by hand to make one with hand tools anyway
    Cheers
    John
    Aahh....i can see the logic for HFT.
    Still confused re your mag problems though, mine cycled well and i never had a pellet drop out as the pellets were held in by the mag walls until indexed to the exit hole when they got pushed into the breech by the probe.

PS...sorry to seanyboy for the thread hijack, so back on subject, if Falcon Pistols are as good as their rifles, then i would recommend one.

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    I too have been after the 'perfect' pre charged pistol, and I've found it in the FX Ranchero. Simple, reliable magazine and cocking system. Superb accuracy, nice light trigger, excellent grip and ergonomics etc etc. Good power and shots per charge. Not cheap, but quality very, very rarely is! I just can't stop shooting it, and once the garage is finished, I've got an indoor 8 yard range to play in, bliss. Glad I bought loads of FX pellets off Ben! If you want to know more, get next month's Shooting Sports.

If only FX would make a l/h Ranchero.....

Jonathan

Thumbs up

Cheers

John
    John I agree that they are not the finest magazines on the market but they are very CHEAP so replacement isn't the wallet- lightening experience it is, say, with Theoben. if you have a problem with one just pension it off and make it into a single shot adapter by removing the markings, grinding down the indexing serrations so the indexing probe doesn't engage the mag then superglueing the inside gubbins so the pellet probe hole goes straight through and can't move.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    John I agree that they are not the finest magazines on the market but they are very CHEAP so replacement isn't the wallet- lightening experience it is, say, with Theoben. if you have a problem with one just pension it off and make it into a single shot adapter by removing the markings, grinding down the indexing serrations so the indexing probe doesn't engage the mag then superglueing the inside gubbins so the pellet probe hole goes straight through and can't move.
    A pretty good idea Nick, though I will probably then use it as a template for a nice 'Billet Aluminium' one, just cos I'm like that.

Cheers

John

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    Check out the Airguns Of Arizona website, it says the Ranchero is available as a true left hander!