Thread: 6yd / 10m target heights

6yd / 10m target heights

I've only ever shot pistols for fun but I want to set myself up a proper indoor pistol range in my barn so I can practice shooting under simulated competition conditions.

I've done a few searches and read the NSRA rules online but not found out
    how high the target must be off the ground.

Can anyone tell me please.......

Also a very quick summary of the basic rules of 6yd / 10m pistol, so they are understandable by a dummie brummie would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Loads of stuff on 10m air pistol here ISSF Rules.

10m target height is 1.4m to the centre of the bull.

No idea about 6yd.

Thanks for that......

I've put the 6yd target at 1.4m high for now......can anyone confirm if that's correct please?

Thumbs up 10 metre pistol

Hi,

The main thing is to use the 10 metre ISSF target to get the correct scores, and that you use a single shot pistol. Repeat shooting is not permitted. Cards are marked 10 shots x 6. There is one shot per card, but that can be quite expesive! I use 10 shots per card and can usually score pretty easily, although if you have a tight group, scoring is quite difficult...

You can get targets quite cheaply at Uttings.com, which are two-sided, with 10 metre rifle targets on the back.

I would suggest you join a club, as I did a year ago - you will find the other shooters friendly and helpful and it will increase your enjoyment massively.

Good shooting!