Thread: Saxby & Palmer,Lee No4/Herald Air Cartidges ,Remade

Saxby & Palmer,Lee No4/Herald Air Cartidges ,Remade

The Air Cartridge for the Saxby & Palmer Lee Enfield No4 and the Herald rifle,are currently in the process of be re made ,
    for the last few weeks i have been in contact finalising the process with Henlock engineering (make components for ripley air rifles) to re produce the .303/.22 air cartridge.

LEE ENFIELD TACS
    The following are to be made to enable the construction of the cartridge
    each cartridge will require
    1 x base in stainless steel
    1 x body in Brass
    1 x valve rod in stainless steel
    1 x nose cone in stainless steel,drilled for standard pellets in.22
    1 x hardend steel guide washer

these will be made in quanities of 500 each

the price for the 5 parts add to £4.44 + vat for each cartridges metal parts

O rings will be required to complete the above
    1 x front ring
    1 x back ring
    1 x base seal ring
    prices for these are yet to be finalised,but i dont expect them to break the £1.00 mark for 3 rings per cartidge
    The price works out at a predicted £6.00 each tac

HERALD TACS
    The hearld tac is basically the same as the Lee tac except for the base,these are being made to order.

to aquire herald tacs you need to order Lee tacs and the Herald bases, you swap the bases to suit your rifle.

If you have either of the above rifles, and you would like to be included in this order for some cartridges ,please contact me on
    mreid443@btinternet.com or pm me on here

Soon there will be a 3D pc virtual CAD generated design to show you
    and a Prototype or pre production sample is being made as we speak. it is expected production will commence in mid may
    ATB
    Matt

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    this sounds interesting, must be a few people interested in aquiring some of these.
    I think there were about 200 or so Lee Enfields converted by S&P to take the .22/303 tac before the change of laws post Hungerford regarding the status of deactivated/converted firearms becoming airguns.
    Not sue how many of the S&P Herald were made but nice guns with a mauser type action.

Funnny, you dont hear alot about brococks these days despite there being 75000 sold byBrocock plus S&P, Uberti, Crown, Valtro and other companies.
    Gun control means using both hands.